Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2016, 15:53   #1

Boat: Grainger, Chincogan,41
Sailing Perth to Cairns

Hi to All,
My wife and I will be sailing from Perth to Cairns. We are looking for a couple to share our trip on board our 40ft Grainger Chincogan. She is full equipment and this is our 3rd trip through the Kimberly’s.We are looking for people who would either want to do part of the trip or whole trip.
A rough plan is
Sail from Perth on the 1st May to Abrolhos Islands this would be an overnight passage.
Spend about a 5 days to a week and head in to Shark bay and spend a few days cruising that area
Including Monkey Mia. Port visit to Carnarvon to store and fuel. Catch up with friends.
Leaving there the heading north long the NW cape day sailing. Then out to the Montebello Island another overnighter. Spend another week out there fishing diving snorkelling etc.
Arriving in Dampier at the end of May. Spend a few days in Dampier looking around store and refuel.
Off again first week in June making our way over to Blaze Bay for a couple days exploring catch mud crabs and fishing.
Head into Broome around the 7th June to restore and refuel. Catch up with friends and head out for the Kimberly.
We would spend about month ending up at Berkley River for the 4th July to catch up with Kimberly Cruising Yacht Club for their annual beach party. From there it will be a bit of mystery as we will either spend a bit more time on the western coast of the Gulf before making our way to eastern side then on to Darwin arriving somewhere around the middle of Julyish.
From here on it gets very little difficult to predict. We will have to wait for the right weather patterns to before we head east. I would say we will take our time days sailing across the top end through the Gulf and ending up at the Cape waiting for the weather window to shoot around the corner and head down the east coast. This could be a month or even two.
A bit about us. We are fun easy going couple in our mid 40s social drinkers (mostly sun downers) non-smokers. We are fit and active and enjoy fishing diving walking and exploring. We have a dog and a cat on board, after all its really there boat and the allow us to sail with them.
We are looking for a couple that is like-minded. The cost for the once of life time experience is just shared expenses (Fuel Food, and Alcohol). So if you would think you maybe able to do part or all of this trip please let me know. Just leave me a message here. I don’t know how to read PMs
Regards
Jason and Fiona
SV Kinetic Energy.
Old 26-03-2016, 22:27   #2

Boat: Not yet
Send a message via Skype™ to Freeman
Re: Sailing Perth to Cairns

Greetings, My partner and I may be finishing a contract teaching in Arnhemland around that time. Perhaps we could share the journey to Cairns from Darwin. Cheers Tony
Old 26-03-2016, 22:56   #3

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar
Re: Sailing Perth to Cairns

FWiw:

We're not interested ourselves due to being active cruisers on our own boat... but, this is one of the more attractive "crew wanted" posts that I have seen!!

A reasonable itinerary, a realistic grasp of the vagueness of scheduling, a great cruise venue, and what sounds like a fun arrangement.

Some one should jump on this opportunity!

Jim

Tags
sail, sailing