Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2013, 22:04   #1

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 35
Sailing BC coast, Vancouver Island, March, April

Here is what I will do, maybe someone likes to join me while sailing in March and April?
March I leave the marina in Vancouver and sail to Victoria. I am giving a presentation about bees Thursday, March 14. I also distribute my own books and some other author's books. So I will sit at anchor and do some store visits for a few days. Then off along the coast with stops in Duncan, Ladysmith, Nanaimo, a bus ride to Tofino, then sailing to Comox before March 26, for another presentation. Part of April I will leave the boat on the hook or marina somewhere along the Sunshine coast to do some work at the farm.

From June on no more commitments and sailing south to US till November, Mexico till Feb. 2014. I do need a reliable crew for March, April that could be left with the boat for some of the time. Of course that person could stay on If so desired.
My sailing background: I have sailed about 8000 nm, US east coast and Gulf of Mexico, crossed the Atlantic with my family and sailed in England. My wife gets seasick and is no longer interested to sail. One of the kids may join me in Mexico. I expect the crew to pay for food and a share to the fuel costs. Marinas, if used would be shared. Transport to join to and from boat is the responsibility of the crew.

Tags
arc, sailing