Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2013, 20:53   #1

Sail to/from New Zealand!

Hello!

I am based in Christchurch right now and would love to crew on a short-haul or long-haul boat! I'm on a Working Holiday visa. My current job will finish about the end of August, so I am free September to November. I am Canadian, taking a break from my undergrad to travel and work abroad.

I do not have much/any sailing experience - I've crewed on a hobie about 10 times recently. The rest of my experience is small and a long time ago. I've crewed a few times on a 22' monohull and when I was younger I sailed teeny tiny boats. What will make up in experience is that I am a hard worker, keen, and learn quickly! Friendly, easy to get along with, and would be very excited to join you on a trip.

Would love to get on a trip that is leaving/coming to any part of NZ (doesn't have to be Christchurch). Please do let me know.

Thanks!
Rosemarie
Old 03-08-2013, 05:16   #2

Boat: Beneteau 50
Re: Sail to/from New Zealand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reirameso View Post
Hello!

I am based in Christchurch right now and would love to crew on a short-haul or long-haul boat! I'm on a Working Holiday visa. My current job will finish about the end of August, so I am free September to November. I am Canadian, taking a break from my undergrad to travel and work abroad.

I do not have much/any sailing experience - I've crewed on a hobie about 10 times recently. The rest of my experience is small and a long time ago. I've crewed a few times on a 22' monohull and when I was younger I sailed teeny tiny boats. What will make up in experience is that I am a hard worker, keen, and learn quickly! Friendly, easy to get along with, and would be very excited to join you on a trip.

Would love to get on a trip that is leaving/coming to any part of NZ (doesn't have to be Christchurch). Please do let me know.

Thanks!
Rosemarie
Hi
I will be sailing to Tonga on 31st Aug./1 sept on our Beneteau 50 from Opua and have had a crew member drop out last week. I like to sail with at least 4 onboard as there as 4 cabins . So there is myself and 2 friends , one of whom sailed down from Fiji with me last year. The trip would be for only 2 weeks as my wife and boys fly up to Tonga for some family sailing.
Please send me more details about yourself if you are interested in joining us. The trip is based on shared food costs and you would be responsible for a flight back/home from Tonga.
Cheers,
Chris
64 21 1058126
chris@fewtrell.co.nz
Skype chris-fewtrell

Tags
New Zealand, sail