Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2012, 15:35   #1

Boat: Archambault 35
Sail Indonesia Rally July

G'day all!
I've a few places for crew in the Sail Indonesia rally -
starts in Darwin, Australia with a race to Kupang on July 28
Sail Indonesia

We'll be sailing to Singapore and on up the Gulf of Thailand to Sattahip.
Yacht is a Beneteau First 51 which is being sailed from New Zealand in
June.

My plan is to roughly follow the rally - stopping at some of the more interesting spots - until we get to Singapore and then head north from there.
Best place to join us is in Darwin at the end of July, but you could hop on anywhere ;-) .. including along the Great Barrier Reef in June/July.

Some experience is preferred, but we won't be racing very hard, so sailing on anything from dinghies to blue water yachts is fine!

John
Old 23-03-2012, 02:23   #2

Im very interested check your private messages!
Old 31-03-2012, 20:07   #3

Boat: Bavaria 37 (2007)
Re: Sail Indonesia Rally July

Sabaidee

I'm based in Laos but make regular trips to different sunsets around Asia. I have an ASA bareboat charter certificate and a couple of days experience but would love the chance to cruise Indonesia and build up my hours. I have sent you a email.
Old 31-03-2012, 20:23   #4

Hey John,
I'm interested in your post, was wondering how long you expect the entire trip to take? I have experience sailing in British Columbia waters on boats ranging from little dingies to 50 feet. I currently crew on a Santana 35 and have been racing on her for 4 years now. I work for a charter company so I know my way around a range of boats and have some certifications if you'd like to know more just pm me.
Thanks,
Jeff.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:26   #5

Boat: Archambault 35

G'day Jeff,

We expect to arrive in Australia at Mackay about June 18 and drop off most of the NZ crew at Hamilton Island a few days later.
From there, we'll work our way up the Great Barrier Reef and across the top of Australia to Darwin for the Sail Indonesia Rally starting on July 28.
Then we'll take about a month to cross Indonesia to Singapore.
From Singapore, we'll head north into the Bay of Thailand, probably entering Thailand at Koh Samui and then to Sattahip (south and east from Bangkok -
and a little south from the famous - or notorious - Pattaya!).

I'm looking for crew for all segments of the trip .. and as long as I have a workable crew for each part, you could join us for any leg.

Cheers,
John
Old 01-04-2012, 18:02   #6

Hi John.
I'am interested in the rally you following.
I'am a 50 year old male,years of water sailing">blue water sailing from Western Australia.
I have just got home from taking a 42ft yacht from Mackay to Freo via Darwin,(great trip)
Can you please let me know how much $$ this trip would cost me Darwin to where ever would help you out.
I can afford airfares but not much more at the present time.
The last trip cleaned me out abit as it was more helping a mate out with his new toy.
Anyway you can contact me at johnnymac303@gmail.com or 0418922205
Thanks for taking the time to read this
CHEERS
John Mclean
Old 05-04-2012, 12:14   #7

Hi There. Your trip sounds very interesting. I am 28 from jhb South africa and looking at taking part in a sailing adventure @ the end of july. I finish up my current contract and then plan to head to oz. Looking for any boats that I could join as a crew member. Don't have experience but keen to try something new and help out where I can and learn @ the same time. Would be interested to see how many crew you can accommodate, what the costs are and whether you require crew for the full duration or only segments. How long do you expect the full trip to take? I look forward to your response and keen to find out more. Regards Terence
Old 12-04-2012, 04:31   #8

Gday,
Imhoping to get from Darwin to Kupang and am hoping to go by boat rather than fly to Bali then Kupang,would there be any chance to sail with you to Kupang when you head off for the Indo Rally,I will help out in any way I can with sailing etc
sincerely,
Richard McClelland
Old 25-04-2012, 23:42   #9

Hi John,

Are you still looking for crew members? I am wanting to take part in SailIndonesia, I have a small amount of boating skills, I am keen, young and fit and willing for adventure. I llive in Cairns and have a great interest in heading up north and think now better way than over the ocean. I am positive, outgoing and caring nature. I would love to join you and your crew and believe I would be a great asset to your journey!!

Namaste,

Amelia
Old 26-04-2012, 00:59   #10
abi

Hello,

Id love to join your boat!! My name is abi mackinnon and both myself and my partner sean are currently in Indonesian and are available to meet you anywhere in asia realy. We have both sailed before but no longer than 5 days at sea.

email me if you still need help!!
Thanks
Abi
Old 09-07-2012, 20:27   #11

Hi John!

Are you still looking for crew for the upcoming rally? I'm currently in Darwin and looking for a position. I would love to meet up and discuss any opportunities you may have! Please reply back if you have anything available.

Cheers!
Becky

Tags
Indonesia, sail