Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2014, 13:33   #1

Responsible, Mature Novice

Hi!
I am a 52 year old woman, an English teacher on a sabbatical until September. I would love to spend some time on the sea- we are having the endless winter here in upstate NY. I haven't sailed since I was 16, and that was on a 14 foot boat in a bay, so I don't have experience. I do, however, have a good pair of eyes, (except for reading, need my glasses!,) maturity, responsibility and an understanding of the serious nature of sailing. When I am on watch, your boat will be in good hands.

I want to learn, learn quickly, and respect knowledgeable people. Since I am a novice, I am not going to be questioning you, or doing it my way. I'm not skinny, not fat, but I am fit and strong - I run every other day, swim and am able to work most people half my age under the table. I have my NAUI certification, although I haven't gone diving in about 10 years.

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, but I'm not an old school marm. I have a good sense of humor and irony - I've survived teaching high schoolers for 23 years! And I love my students!

I'm up for a trip with kind, fun people. I myself am kind, but tough. I am not a quitter, in anything. I am married and my husband is encouraging me to use my sabbatical time well - plus he gets really seasick, so he's keeping the home fires burning if I go. I am free from now to May 6th, and then May 20th to June 26th, and then fromJune 30th to Sept 1st. I am willing to contribute reasonable costs to the boat.

If you think I be an asset, get in touch. My email is sunrayany@gmail.com. (I thought I posted this already, but can't find it, so if I did, forgive me.)
Old 05-04-2014, 08:35   #2

Boat: Catalina 34
Send a message via Yahoo to Capt Robert
Re: Responsible, Mature Novice

hi sunray, i'm on great exuma and heading back to US soon. check out my profile and let me know if you'd like to join me. you don't need to pay anything, you get semi private cabin on catalina34. respond soon. regards, robert

Tags
novice