Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-05-2016, 13:55   #1

Really Want To Learn, South Florida

I am a 27 year old Male living in the Fort Lauderdale area. I am trying to learn and hoping somebody out there is willing to teach.

I am a quick learner and I have been reading and watching how to's on the basics. I have no experience so I'm looking for someone who is willing to do some day sailing to start off.

I am a hard worker and I am willing to split any expenses. I am also happy to help with any cleaning or maintenance in exchange for your time.
Old 16-05-2016, 14:05   #2

Re: Really Want To Learn, South Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGENDARYx954 View Post
I am a 27 year old Male living in the Fort Lauderdale area. I am trying to learn and hoping somebody out there is willing to teach.

I am a quick learner and I have been reading and watching how to's on the basics. I have no experience so I'm looking for someone who is willing to do some day sailing to start off.

I am a hard worker and I am willing to split any expenses. I am also happy to help with any cleaning or maintenance in exchange for your time.
Since you are willing to pay, it may make sense to go through an ASA course.

It would be organized, and would enable you to charter a boat at completion of a bareboat certificate.

Best of luck..
Old 17-05-2016, 09:49   #3

Quote:

Hey Legendary, I'm in the same boat as you (pun intended). I recently turned 29 and have only done a few races when I lived in Maryland. I moved to Delray Beach, Florida this past January, and am excited to get more into sailing (although I'm seeing mostly motor boats down here, which makes me nervous).

Anyway, I just signed up for the ASA Bareboat Skipper course out in St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. My goal is to sail the Atlantic by the time I turn 30.

Although I haven't taken the course yet, I think it would be worth looking in to. Nobody can ever take education away from you.

Best of luck,
Chris
Old 17-05-2016, 09:51   #4
cruiser

Reef Runner Sailing, operating out of Panama City and Key Largo. Pete and Tish are super good folks

Reef Runner Sailing | ASA Sailing School | Panama City, FL & Key Largo
Old 17-05-2016, 10:44   #5
h20

do you have a time frame? ready for Cuba, Mexico, Beilze, Guatemala?

Quote:

Old 17-05-2016, 12:47   #6

I can't do any trips longer than 2 weeks for now.
Old 17-05-2016, 12:52   #7

Hi CS_Watermark, The class sounds great and I plan on doing them in time. I have the same goal as you except I plan to cross before I'm 35 as I don't expect to be ready in 2 years. I might try to do the classes before the end of this year. My goal for 2017 will be to save and buy a boat.
Old 18-05-2016, 09:37   #8

Hello--am taking my 35' Gemini cat from St. Augustine to Ft. Pierce, thru the locks to Lake Oakeechobee to Ft. Meyers and north to Palmetto where it will stay. Am planning an early July or late June trip, not sure how long it will take, can you hop on for a couple weeks.
Old 19-05-2016, 11:35   #9

Boat: Hunter 34

Hi Legendary,
I may have just the thing for you. We are moving our Hunter 34 across the Okeechobee from Fort Myers and then north to Norfolk/Chesapeake Bay. We are ready to go as soon as we can get crew. One of us is a former Colgate instructor and charter operator. We have taken on paying passengers for "learn as you cruise" experience in the past but, would take on a hand to help with some part of the delivery. PM me if you are interested.
Old 24-05-2016, 10:03   #10

Hi Legendary,
Check this out and if interested, contact me.
Crew Wanted: Miami to Panama - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Old 24-05-2016, 17:03   #11

Quote:

Hi Legendary
I need someone to sail with me from Nassau Bahamas to Ft Lauderdale mid-June. Are you interesred?
Mike

Tags
florida