Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 17:44   #1

Thumbs up ready to sail!, willing to pay my way

I have extensive experience in most aspects of boating. I can fix, opperate pretty much anything mechanical. Pretty knowledgeable with most eletronics as well as wiring. My sailing experience is miniumal but am a very quick learner with things i dont already know. Im willing to pay my way and can be available to help ready the vessel if need be. I would love to sail across the Atlantic. Please email me if yku can help i can join your trip. Fastcarsrun@gmail.com.

Please forgive my email. I enjoy fast cars and the emails i wanted were already taken. Lol
Old 05-05-2013, 02:35   #2
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: ready to sail!, willing to pay my way

Welcome to CF, although I can't help - would help if you say which side of the Atlantic you are on!, and also a rough location would be no bad idea - if you are in easy reach of folk / a boat then would help as could pop along to meet to see if you all get along before departure, and for you to get eyes on the boat (and skipper!) to see whether you are comfortable that both are up to going transat (or accross the bay!)........but nonetheless a willingness to put hand in pocket will pretty much mean you get some choices.

Would also be useful to make clear what passport you have / will be travelling on - the less Visa issues the better.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49   #3

Would you like to cross the pacific on tuesday.I Ned one more crew and I am n cabo San lucas.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:03   #4

Thank you fella's for the responses and advise. Im located on the east coast of the u.s. I would love to make the crossing tuesday but i dont believe i can make cabo by then. Where are you heading in the pacific?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:48   #5

Hi,I could wait a couple of days.we leave Cabo,then straight to Marqueses,then Tuomotos,Tahiti,Ratatonga,Tonga,Fiji,final destination is the Gold Coast QLD which is where I am from.you can tex me and i will call you if you like on +5216461026099
thanks,Paul
Old 05-05-2013, 09:05   #6

Thank you again. Let me check on transportation over to the left coast to meet with you. I dont want to waste your time by no means so let me make sure im able to get to you before you decide to wait. How much money do you think would be needed for this trip? And how long do you plan trip to be start to finish? I will check on transportation shortly and let you know something my this afternoon.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:22   #7

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

Short-notice flight bookings are NEVER cheap! You'll be paying what business travelers pay. Most likely, you'll need to buy your tickets 15-21 days in advance to get a reasonable fare. I've seen some fares for around $500 (one way) to Cabo, from NY; 3-day travel booking. Mauritz
Old 05-05-2013, 09:42   #8

You just need to chip in for some food and fuel.I am not sure but it would not be much,maybe $50 a week.Depends on how much we use the engine.Mainly you will need your ticket back to the states.I think that goes for about $1100 one way from Brisbane to LAX on Virgin.If you don't have an EU passport you may have to pay a bond in Marqueses.this is refundable when we leave and you can use a credit card.We may get away with that though as we are just getting supplies and leaving.If we do have to leave a bond we pay in Hiva Oa and it is refunded in Tahiti.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:42   #9

Ive been searching for flights and unfortunately am going to have to pass. Short notice is going to be to expensive to arrange transportation for me. Thank you for the opportunity and have a safe voyage.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:44   #10

no probs,take it easy
Old 06-05-2013, 00:30   #11

Boat: Jon Meri Pilot house 48

Hello,
I am looking for crew to go from Fort Lauderdale to Cape Cod on May 20th (flexible) any interst? I will pay expenses and possible travel.

Rod
Old 06-05-2013, 20:28   #12

Hi,
Are you interested in a trip across the North Atlantic from Maine, to Greenland, Iceland, Faroes Islands, Shetland Islands, Norway, to Germany? Please get in touch to discuss details.
Old 10-05-2013, 17:20   #13

Boat: Leopard 48' Cat

Sailing a 62' schooner from BVI to Miami may 16-17 departure if you want to come along. A comfy ride on a nice boat for 6-7 days.
Old 10-05-2013, 17:34   #14

Boat: morgan 462-sageofsalem

Just invited you to go from Kingston to Miss. on a 50 foot Morgan but your email address is
"INVALID."
Old 03-06-2013, 22:11   #15

Transpac July? Jeanneau 43DS, Japanese Gourmet Chef/Skipper. 10-13day Voyage to the tropics of Hawaii. Sound like an adventure you are up to? sailingdot aquarius at gmail dot com

Tags
sail