Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 07:25   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcoDePolonia
Professional Ocean Skipper

Dear Sirs,

My name is Mark Swidrowski,age 39, I am professional Yachtmaster Ocean Unlimited PYA and Yachtmaster RYA Commercially Endorsed.
Last few years work as a delivery skipper, also in cooperation with Multihull Company in catamaran deliveries.
Currently looking for yacht deliveries, or permanent position on board expedition yacht.

CV, sailing resume and references available on request.

MY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Experienced ocean skipper, well qualified (Yachtmaster Ocean Unlimited PYA, Yachtmaster MCA/RYA Commercially Endorsed up to 200GT, ARPA, STCW95, Radio License), yacht delivery practice and passion for high seas adventure sailing. Atlantic crossing experience as a skipper, ocean deliveries and northern seas experience. Strong maintenance skills, boat repairs in boatyards, refits management practice, preparations for long passages.

Extensive offshore experience, deliveries, Tall Ship Regatta skippering and long distance passage practise and polar regions sailing. Experienced in ocean and nothern seas sailing
( over 30 000Nm, Spitsbergen, Greenland, Iceland, North Sea), tough weather conditions regions, long distance passages practice (Mediterranean, Caribbean, Atlantic Islands, Iceland, Greenland,Spitsbergen and Northern Sea.). Experience on classics- OOW at Kapitan Borchardt 3masted schooner (147ft LOA), skipper in Culture Tall Ships Regatta 2011 17m Nauticat ketch, refit works and management of classic Abekin&Rassmussen 57' steel ketch, many other boats refits and repairs.

ATTITUDE
Well organized and self motivated with high ethic standards.
Strong mechanical background and good yacht maintenance skills.
Good team player with positive attitude, ability to cope with difficult situations and fast decision making. Always ready to hit the ground running. Sailing in a regions where safety is crucial and one can only depend on his own performance. As Sir Knox Johnson once said: "Prevention is better aspect of seamanship, than cure".

LATEST COMMITMENTS
At the end of 2012 I delivered 44ft sailing boat and prepared for
ARC2012 from Villamoura to Gran Canaria, I came back to Portugal
delivering conceptual trimaran 56ft from Lanzarote to Lagos, German owner.
Back in Las Palmas with Hanse 461, British owner.
February 2013 to March 2014 - 12month commitment on Caribbean on board 44ft sloop, working as cruising couple with private owner, British.
March/April 2014 Refit works & management of "Veritas", 57'steel classic ketch, Australian owners.
In April 2014 I delivered Lagoon 410from Grenada to Bahamas, US owner.
June/July 2014 refit of catamaran ProKennex 380 followed by delivery in July/August from Grenada to Cancun, during hurricane season for mexican company Dolphin Discovery SA de CV in Mexico, Isla de Mujeres.
October 2014 delivery of Benneteau 43 from Marseille, France, to Lefkas, Greece, Australian owner.

If my profile suits your needs, please don't hesitate to contact me either by mail marcodepolonia@gmail.com or phone
Europe: +48 733 672 157
Caribbean:+17434044697.

Sincerely Yours
capt. Mark Swidrowski

Tags
skipper