Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2014, 09:18   #1

Physician in Northern Virginia Looking for Experience

I am looking for 1-3 day including overnight sailing experience, from someone willing to teach local coastal/navigational skills in exchange for free labor. Have moderate experience in sailing Greece/France/Italy. I am new to Chesapeake bay and Atlantic seaboard. I have virginia boater's card. I'm a physician (will pay my way) . I'm a great cook. Happy to sail in winter. I live close to Annapolis. Can help deliver boat etc. Cell 540-446-4299 .
Old 17-02-2014, 09:39   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon
Re: Physician in Northern Virginia Looking for Experience

Dang!!!

Welcome to CF Doc!

Wish I was up thatta way... I would jump on an opportunity to have a "doc friend" for sharing what I do anyway!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 18-02-2014, 19:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsofis View Post
I am looking for 1-3 day including overnight sailing experience, from someone willing to teach local coastal/navigational skills in exchange for free labor. Have moderate experience in sailing Greece/France/Italy. I am new to Chesapeake bay and Atlantic seaboard. I have virginia boater's card. I'm a physician (will pay my way) . I'm a great cook. Happy to sail in winter. I live close to Annapolis. Can help deliver boat etc. Cell 540-446-4299 .
Aloha
I have a 50' blue water boat in Maryland and will be there in June to spend several weeks of work on it and then I am off on a long trip to the West Coast. You would be welcome to accompany us from the Chesapeake to Charleston, SC in September. We will be well out in the ocean away from land and on the eastern side of the Stream. It's about 4-5 or so days at sea I believe the last time I was studying the route. I have a friend who is my all around fix it engineer guy and myself and I want 2 others so we can have comfortable watches. That time of year, barring hurricanes, is a great weather window as the NE gales are not happening yet and the early fall may be a great time to get down there. We will wait in Charleston or Savannah until the season is officially declared over before moving south to Florida and then on to the Bahamas for the a while.... So for that first trip of any length after our shakedown in the Chesapeake and up the East coast a bit, you may wish to consider that. Your culinary skills will be appreciated. You'd learn a lot simply by doing and taking part in the voyage, or perhaps joining us for a day or two in August as we work out the kinks so to speak.
Kind regards
Doug Arrington
Old 21-02-2014, 07:12   #4

Doug,

Thanks for the invite. I'd love to join you . Let me know of the specific expected dates- unfortunately I do have a fairly rigid work schedule, but maybe a window of opportunity may open. I went to Med School in Charleston- so that would be a bonus to sail there! - George
Old 24-02-2014, 11:29   #5

Boat: Lagoon 380
Send a message via Skype™ to Wendi

Are you available for a Caribbean trip soon? Need help from Martinique to Antigua, would be a 1-2 week trip.

Tags
enc