I am a topnotch yacht captain
, having sailed charter
and private yachts for nearly 50,000 miles over 36 years, cruising the entire Eastern Caribbean
, the Bahamas
, most of the U.S. east coast
, and half of the Pacific…always as the captain
My skills in navigation
, my talents for finding and networking servicepersons, my knack for finding fun things to do and places to see ashore, and my personable and positive attitude have always helped me when entering new cruising grounds. These qualities allow me to provide great experiences for owners and their guests, charter
clients, or passage
While cruising, my priorities are:
• Meticulous yacht maintenance
- a regular ongoing program and log
• The utmost in safety
handling - at sea, at anchor
, at the dock
• Courteous customer service
to owners and guests alike - I anticipate owners' or guests' needs as much as I can, and meet them congenially.
On a passage
, my priorities are:
, including the comfort of the crew so as to minimize fatigue. I am an expert at reading weather
patterns and select the departure window and course so as to best avoid or take advantage of the frontal systems.
- I dive in and troubleshoot/fix whatever problems occur along the way...and work
around those that cannot be fixed at sea so as to keep our progress and course amid the weather
systems around us.
• Teamwork - the crew on board will only pass this way once together so the trip should be pleasant and memorable for all. My calm manner and positive attitude set the tone for each of my deliveries, and nearly all of my crew have expressed a desire to come sailing with me again.
My overall philosophy is that I am aboard solely to make the owner's dream happen. (Honestly!) With that mantra foremost in my thoughts, I then keep his or her yacht in impeccable condition and full working order, as well as manage the work
schedules, contractors and accounting. The yacht will be where it's wanted, when it's wanted, and in fabulous shape.
Upon request, I can forward copies of my CV and glowing Letters of Recommendation from my four most recent employers.
All the best -