Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2013, 17:41   #1

Passage opportunity "Expense sharing"

Well found sailing vessel with experienced Captain and first mate transiting from US East Coast, via Panama Canal and onward to the Caroline Islands (FSM) via Hawaii.

Novice to experienced crew welcome. Primary qualification good sense of humor, sense of adventure and ability to learn. You will particape in all aspects of the trip. Excellent opportunity for some one looking to experience life aboard an offshore sailing vessel or building sea miles and experience.

This is expense sharing for reasonable room and board, budget for $25 to $30 per day. All yacht expenses, fuel, maintenance, and transit fees and marina fees are covered by the Captain and owner. Crew is responsible for transport to and from yacht and any departure or visa fees.

Transit plan US East Coast to Panama late March. Transit the canal and immediate departure for Hawaii arrival mid to late May. Opportunity to depart or stay aboard onward to the Marshall Islands and Micronesia.
Old 28-01-2013, 18:32   #2

Re: Passage opportunity "Expense sharing"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRod112 View Post
Well found sailing vessel with experienced Captain and first mate transiting from US East Coast, via Panama Canal and onward to the Caroline Islands (FSM) via Hawaii.

Novice to experienced crew welcome. Primary qualification good sense of humor, sense of adventure and ability to learn. You will particape in all aspects of the trip. Excellent opportunity for some one looking to experience life aboard an offshore sailing vessel or building sea miles and experience.

This is expense sharing for reasonable room and board, budget for $25 to $30 per day. All yacht expenses, fuel, maintenance, and transit fees and marina fees are covered by the Captain and owner. Crew is responsible for transport to and from yacht and any departure or visa fees.

Transit plan US East Coast to Panama late March. Transit the canal and immediate departure for Hawaii arrival mid to late May. Opportunity to depart or stay aboard onward to the Marshall Islands and Micronesia.

Please email me: vanssons at gmaildotcom
Thanks Todd
Old 03-02-2013, 18:42   #3

54y, m, widower, non smoker. Reasonably fit ( Hiked up mount Kilimanjaro three years ago with the kids ). Taking time off from my Medical practice.
Have sailed Bahamas, crossed the Caribbean, Panama canal, to Galapagos and back, with my late wife on a Sadler 34 about 20 years ago. Few other offshore trips. Since then mostly sailed Chesapeake bay.
Expanses are not an issue. Taking next 6-12 months, off and flexible.
My e-mail hassanamb@yahoo.com
Looking forward to hear from you and learning more about the Boat and the crew.
With Best regards.
Syed
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59   #4

Please email me

jyuen88 at gmail dot com

Thx
Old 16-02-2013, 18:13   #5

I am currently in Maui and available for the HI to Micronesia leg. I have 1500 nm exp; 47 years old; good natured; eager to pitch in. Email JLMyer at Hot mail dot com.

Travel well!
Old 26-02-2013, 17:00   #6

Hi, I am quite intrigued by your post and would like to be considered as crew if you are still looking. I live in Miami. I've been sailing since I was young but only in the last couple of years have I gotten serious about it. My girlfriend and I completed our bareboat charter certification with ASA last year and solo chartered in Greece this past September on a 37 Hanse for two weeks. We currently sail out of the Coconut Grove Sailing Club on a 34' Beneteau. I am by no means an expert and have never made a crossing but I am extremely fit and easy to get along with. I am 52. Have traveled extensively throughout the world and speak French fluently. I am a massage therapist and a former professional ballet dancer. I can cook and consider myself a well rounded individual. Again, I'd love to be considered. I can be reached at langloism50 (at) gmail.com. thanks.
Old 26-02-2013, 19:28   #7

Boat: 1974 American 23'

I am a 52 year old female. I have sailed twice to Cabo, Baja. I am inexperience, but excited to learn more. You can reach me at wein39@aol (dot) com. I have the time and money for this adventure.
Thanks... Christine

Tags
passage