Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2015, 18:06   #1

Panama to Marqueses, Early April

We need some moderately experienced sailing crew to help sail an Irwin 52 from Panama/Ecuador to the Marqueses Islands. Departing late March from Shelter Bay Marina, Colon, through the canal, down to Ecuador before crossing to the Marquesas. Possible stop in Galapagos. Share food costs. Sailing with 4 crew total making an easy watch schedule. Please reply by Private message if interested.
Harry & Leanne
SY Ulysses Blue
Old 13-02-2015, 10:01   #2

Re: Panama to Marqueses, Early April

Hi--
I am interested in joining your crew. I grew up sailing a Folkboat on San Francisco Bay with my father. I currently own a Cal 29 which I single hand sail on the Bay and out the Golden Gate.

I am 6' 4", 235 lbs, 66 years old. I am in excellent health and shape. I stay in shape by hiking, biking, lifting weights and swimming. I am a semi-retired MBA small business owner. I have a manager who runs my business.

I am able to contribute to the cost of the trip, plus I will get to Panama at my own expense.

I hope you are interested. Peace, Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1453336_10202780998712853_935524788_n.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	97099   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3756.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	312.3 KB
ID:	97100  

Name:	IMAG0052.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	97101  
Old 20-02-2015, 19:22   #3

Boat: Bavaria Ocean 42'
Send a message via Skype™ to mfessler

Hi,

I am from Seattle, I sail my own Bavaria 42 Ocean center cockpit "Pogo", up the coast off Vancouver Island up towards Alaska and back every year. I have been sailing and been around water since I was born. I am married, 50, physically fit, 6'3", when on land I usually go 60+ miles per week on my road bike, expert Whistler skiing in winter and hiking local mountains. I am an avid downwind paddle boarder and kayaker in Maui, in the Molokai channel. Comfortable in all water and weather.

Sailing skills: Light gas / diesel mechanics, maintenance, cleaning, rigging, navigation, able skipper in all weather.

Goal: I would like to sail with someone experienced across the Pacific first, and then follow up on my own boat and crew.

Money is not a problem and would be available during the time frame listed.

If I am a good fit for your trip, or if you want more information please email details:

Mark Fessler
mfessler@keasinc.com

Cheers, Mark
Old 28-02-2015, 09:08   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses Blue View Post
We need some moderately experienced sailing crew to help sail an Irwin 52 from Panama/Ecuador to the Marqueses Islands. Departing late March from Shelter Bay Marina, Colon, through the canal, down to Ecuador before crossing to the Marquesas. Possible stop in Galapagos. Share food costs. Sailing with 4 crew total making an easy watch schedule. Please reply by Private message if interested.
Harry & Leanne
SY Ulysses Blue

Hi Harry & Leanne

in case your crew to the Marquesas will/can not join you for the canal transit, I would like to help as a line-handler. In fact, I have been looking for that chance for two years and I "only" have made it to the San Blas and the visitor center of the Miraflores locks last year....

My background and experience: 54, f, German, living in Switzerland, accustomed to sailing from childhood, crewing since 2011 for several weeks a year, on several boats between 30 and 46 feet in Thailand/Malaysia, Cuba, Panama, Mediterranean, Baltic Sea (including North-Sea-Baltic-cannel), more than 1000 nm altogether - that is not much, I know. But I am confident, that my experience will be sufficient to do the job properly.
I will get to and from Panama at my own expense, money is not a problem

If interested, please reply with private message

fair winds and following seas

Mari
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1516_Schären.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	393.4 KB
ID:	98066  
Old 28-02-2015, 13:32   #5