Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-02-2013, 17:07   #1

Wink Panama to Marquesas

Hi
We plan to be in panama around the middle of march 2013. We are an Aussie family cruising from Europe to Australia, and are looking for 1 or a couple of competent sailors to join us from Panama to the Marquesas Islands, via Galapagos.

We are sailing a lagoon 440 with plenty of space - see more about us on our blog site: Bonaire arrival | the many adventures of Chilli Cat

Cheers
Old 18-02-2013, 06:00   #2

Hi
My name is Shaked and I'm 23 y/o, born in Israel. I'm a professional*skipper, sailing since 2003, graduated nautical high*school*and then went to serve in the*navy.
I'm qualified as a*skipper*for both*motor*and sailing vessels up to 24 meters, (monohaul and catamaran) and l'm also an advance*water*diver .
I have a total mileage of 9000 NM on S.V (some as crew some as captain), mostly all around the Med sea.
I'm experienced with all duties on board, from bottom till top - (deckboy to skipper), so I can do good where ever is needed (a real handyman they all say).
I worked as a sailing instructor, for a year, with all special needs population (kids and adults).
I also was part of a sailing*racing*team for 4 years.

Now I've decided to go farther on with my heart and my main goal is to circumnavigate the world!

I've planed the*route, saved*money, bought*equipment, said goodbye to everyone and set sail west.
Since then I had sailed with 4 different boats all over the Med.
I'm meeting the nicest people and so far having the best time of my life.

next chapter in my story is - crossing the Pacific !

And a littel about me: non smoker, energetic, friendly, always smiling, not afraid of hard work, eager to learn, responsible and adventurous.

I'm traveling now in centeral america, surfing, trecking, scuba diving and having fun, so I'm flexible with the dates.

'coh.shaked' (at) gmail com
Old 19-02-2013, 15:29   #3

Re: Panama to Marquesas

Hi Chilli Cat crew,

I jsut checked out your blog, looks like an awesome trip so far.

My name is Mark Brophy, I'm a 25 year old Canadian. I'm in Puerto Vallarta, MEX and hoping to sail to Australia. i have a SCUBA diving internship lined up there (in Cairns) and think sailing would be the best way to get there.

After bicycling from Vancouver, CAN to SanDiego, USA I jsut completed my first sailing journey; San Diego to Puerto Vallarta. I loved it! The ocean, the sky, the fish and whales and birds and quiet.

I have basic sailing knowledge but I'm eager to sail more, learn more and think life on water will be a big part of my future.

Let me know if you are interested

thanks,
fair winds and happy travels
-Mark
Old 21-02-2013, 13:06   #4

Hey,
What Is your time frame for this trip. I am interested and am sailing in the Caribbean with my boyfriend, we have both arrived here by boat, sailing across the Atlantic from canaries and England respectively.
I have lots of experience sailing and have many miles and two Atlantic crossings to my name.
Our only limitation currently is having to return to the UK for the start of the university term time.
Regards,
Pippa
Old 22-02-2013, 10:50   #5

Have sailed Catamarans for many years. Maui as crew and captain on 2 charter operations. Owned and operated charter business in Costa Rica for many years, 42 Cat. 62 years old, currently retired on boat in San Diego. Been from Malta to Hiwaii, Panama Canal transit 5 times, deliveries from Bahamas to California. Jerry Washmon 904-428-9194
Old 02-03-2013, 05:20   #6

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels

Hi, I am curruntly in Portobello Panama and off ship as of yesterday, I am asa 104 certified and mechanically minded

Tags
marquesas, Panama