Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 21:49   #16

Boat: Land bound, previously Morgan 462
Re: Pacemaker 60' in PA to Discovery Bay, Ca

As hard as it is to part with a boat you have lived and loved for years, the unfortunate practical answer is to sell her in PA, move to the west coast and if you still want a Pacemaker 60 then there are always some available out here. I suggest you probably should consider a fiberglass boat 50' or less which you will find much easier to berth anywhere.

Think I see your boat advertised for sale on the web - I am surprised at the asking price and hope you can do much better.
Old 09-02-2016, 10:48   #17

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman46 View Post
As hard as it is to part with a boat you have lived and loved for years, the unfortunate practical answer is to sell her in PA, move to the west coast and if you still want a Pacemaker 60 then there are always some available out here. I suggest you probably should consider a fiberglass boat 50' or less which you will find much easier to berth anywhere.

Think I see your boat advertised for sale on the web - I am surprised at the asking price and hope you can do much better.
Yes, I agree. Unless there is a special reason to keep her. I would sell her in PA and get another one in CA. Think short term and long term and set emotion aside.

Old 09-02-2016, 18:06   #18

There could be no sensible reason to keep a 60 foot pacemaker. Yes the proper procedure is to sell or scrap her and drive to Ca. And buy something out there. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 10-02-2016, 09:37   #19

Hello Gina,
I am interested in crewing for the East Coast portion down to the Gulf.
Thanks,
Dwen
Old 10-02-2016, 12:19   #20

I take it that "out here" means you already live in Discovery Bay.

I agree with those that suggest you buy a boat in the local area and save yourself the hassle and expense of transporting your yacht to DB.

I'm not sure if docking a 60 footer in DB is possible unless you have access to a huge private dock. I'm also not sure if running a charter business in our residential area is even allowed. I do wish you the best of luck in your endeavor...
Old 10-02-2016, 23:22   #21

Boat: 1967 Pacemaker 60'

I do have access on a Private Dock already set-up. As far as the Chartering Portion that's in the near future. I have a friend who runs another very successful charter out of the City and he is helping mentor me through the process and get her set-up. The Chartering will be done out of the city. Thanks for the reply...
Old 19-02-2016, 04:43   #22

Here's a thought: Sell the boat on the east coast and buy one on the west coast.
Old 19-02-2016, 08:57   #23

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceancalm68 View Post
I do have access on a Private Dock already set-up. As far as the Chartering Portion that's in the near future. I have a friend who runs another very successful charter out of the City and he is helping mentor me through the process and get her set-up. The Chartering will be done out of the city. Thanks for the reply...
Looks like you are all set in CA and ready to live your dream/life. More reason to sell the boat in PA. Money can be made again, boat can be replaced but time cannot be replaced or bought.

It is a hard decision, no doubt.