Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 17:54   #1

NZ to TONGA and South Pacific Islands

A once in a life-time opportunity for YOU to join an extended cruise in the tropical South Pacific on a large luxury yacht. You can come for all or part of a trip from New Zealand to Tonga starting between May – June 2012 then cruising between and around other South Pacific tropical islands and returning to New Zealand in Oct – Nov 2012.

YOU must be a non-smoker, with no health problems, relaxed, easy going and have a GSOH, able to enjoy life and be prepared to muck in and help run a cruising yacht. If experienced-great, if not I will teach you how to sail. Male, Female or a couple aged 45+ preferred. For safety and logistical reasons there should be no time constraints when considering this opportunity and you must be able to fund your own airfares and travel costs.
Old 05-02-2012, 17:57   #2

Boat: Mason 53
Re: NZ to TONGA and South Pacific Islands

G'day, mate. Could you provide some details on the "luxury yacht"? Cheers
Old 08-02-2012, 17:55   #3

Send a message via MSN to Kristi55

Hi, I am really interested to join as a crew. I am from Sydney, Australia and have done boat delivery from Vanuatu to Sydney on Hanse 54 in 2010 and loved it. I am relatively experienced, and cope very well at sea. I don't suffer from serious sea sickness and can cook at any weather after first two days.
If you are interested please send me email to Christ555@hotmail.com
Cheers,
Krystyna
Old 20-02-2012, 09:01   #4

Hi, I am 50 y/o sparky with lots of boating experience. Fit and healthy, good at maintenance, cleaning etc. I have owned my own boats for years but never been offshore. I am looking for the bluewater bit to see if it works for me before i decide to go off on a boat of my own. Would be interested to have a chat - i am based in Whangarei and my boat is in Opua.
Cheers, Richard
Old 20-02-2012, 16:02   #5

Send a message via MSN to Kristi55

Hi, I am really young 55. As I have said I am not that experienced but I have done two passages one from Harvey Bay to Jarvis Bay close to the coast of Australia and one from Vanuatu to Sydney. I know that I love it and cope very well at sea and enjoy being on my own on night watches.
I was lucky to crew on very well equipped boat with everything.... from navigation guided by grib files streamed to MaxSea via satelite to water maker, power upconverters to allow to have luxuries as expresso coffee or freshly baked bread!
Happy to chat on Skype or you can send me SMS on 0401668226.
I work full time at the university, but I will find at least a month to crew for you if you are happy to proceed.
Krystyna.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:28   #6

G'day, mates. Be very careful. I simply asked the OP to provide some details on the "luxury" yacht and never received any. Cheers.
Old 20-02-2012, 20:45   #7

I asked Matauwhi to send me his resume but did not receive it - why not I ask myself ???? So I have to assume that the person has no real interest aside from being nosy.

Anyone who is genuinely interested can email me their details and I will contact them
Old 20-02-2012, 20:50   #8

Well i'm going to take a stab at the type/name of the vessel....

It's a 62ft Catamaran called Seeka....?

Seeka Yacht Charters - Seeka Yacht Charters

Am i right dougwm10 ??

Johnno....
Old 20-02-2012, 23:34   #9

G'day, dougwm10. Your assumption was wrong. What do you have to hide? The onus is on you to provide a few details on the yacht and your background as well. A quick perusal of my posts here on CF and the boat I own should provide you an adequate resume. Cheers.
Old 20-02-2012, 23:43   #10

G'day, Mates, Here was my private message to dougwm10 back on February 7th and I did not get a response:

"Yes, I'm interested. Please provide the details of your luxury yacht and then I will determine if it is necessary to send you my credentials. You should also update your thread with the specifics of your financial contributions by the crew. Also, are you a licensed captain? If so, where is the license from? Cheers "
Old 24-02-2012, 11:37   #11

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40

If you are still seeking crew, I am interested. 30 years sailing experience and hold a USCG 50 ton Captains license we with sail addendum. Just retired as the GM for the Hawaii Yacht Club so available immediately. I have all my own offshore safety gear including GMS, EPIRP, foulies, tether harness and life vest. Let me know if you are interested. Depending on dates my wife may be interested as well and she is crew for me on our Miracle 20 catamaran. We are fit and great natured. chrislaletin at mac.com
Old 27-02-2012, 22:07   #12

hi,
I m really interrested in your sailing trip.
I m a French citizen,40 years old and i have been living in New zealand since october.I study English and i have a lot of adventurous experience.
I m fit and good health .
I just have any experience in sailing but i m ski instructor and alpinist.I m also dive instructor and shepperd and wood constructor.In my opinion,i have a large range of abilities to share your sailing experience.
I m really motivate,i like to learn and i need to live a real sailing experience because i plan to buy my own deep sea vessel.
i m easy going,living abroad for 4 years already,egypt,indonesia and now in Auckland.
I would like to meet you and according to your message,you can consider my offer as serious as possible.
Thanks to reply,
Best regards,Bertrand
Old 27-02-2012, 23:22   #13

I think this guy is full of it,be carefull!!!
Old 27-02-2012, 23:23   #14

Boat: Traditional 30

The words "Luxury" and "Yacht" should never be used in the same sentence. Its like having a Dark Light, or a Deep Shallow.
Old 27-02-2012, 23:25   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwm10 View Post
A once in a life-time opportunity for YOU to join an extended cruise in the tropical South Pacific on a large luxury yacht. You can come for all or part of a trip from New Zealand to Tonga starting between May – June 2012 then cruising between and around other South Pacific tropical islands and returning to New Zealand in Oct – Nov 2012.

YOU must be a non-smoker, with no health problems, relaxed, easy going and have a GSOH, able to enjoy life and be prepared to muck in and help run a cruising yacht. If experienced-great, if not I will teach you how to sail. Male, Female or a couple aged 45+ preferred. For safety and logistical reasons there should be no time constraints when considering this opportunity and you must be able to fund your own airfares and travel costs.
Get a life Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
south pacific, Tonga