Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 17:58   #1

NZ to South Africa 2014 or Pacific now New Zealand to South Africa

THIS IS NOT A JOB OFFER

andreas kolstoe wants 2 crew for Seaventure, C&C 42 Landfall, 13m.
From Auckland, New Zealand to dont know, South Africa.
April 2014 to January 2015.
Looking for nice people. Adventurers how would like to sail the world. three possibilities: 1. sailing from NZ to Australia passing Papua New guinea, Indonesia, East Timor. April 2014 to august 2014 2. sailing from Australia to South Africa, passing Madagascar, Mozambic. 3. sailing all the way from NZ to South Africa We don\'t do this as a business. For us this is a possibility to see the world. all chores on the boat get divided between all the crew members. You dont need to have any sailingexperience. Once you are on the boat you will learn everything you need to know. We charge 25€ per day (200 Norwegian Kroners). We charge only 150 NOK pr. day for stays longer then 6 months. If you are interested we would be very happy if you contact us. Check out our homepage: seaventuresailing.com it is in swedish but google.translate can do miracles Email: andreas@seaventure.net
andreas is currently based in stavanger, Norway
Smoking on board:
Total people on board: 6
Crew roles: share everything. Not a luxury cruse. Not business for us, we share all work. But I pay for all expenses concerning the boat. diving equipment on the boat.
Money: voyage cost
Travel to and from boat: crew pays
Old 09-07-2013, 14:08   #2

Boat: islandpacket
What are your certifications and do you carry insurance
Old 09-07-2013, 14:48   #3

Re: NZ to South Africa 2014 or Pacific now New Zealand to South Africa

I have a certificate to sail boats up to 24 meters, but because I dont have good enough color sight then I dont have the papers for it. I therefore can olny sail boats up to 50 feet. We carry third party liability and a very small insurance on crew (max total payment for each accident is 200000 DKK) the insurance is through Pantaenius.
Old 09-07-2013, 16:34   #4

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!

Times sure have changed.
40 years ago I wouldn't have given insurance or qualifications a thought.
I would have wanted to know the skipper's experience, where he'd been, and the condition of the boat.
Real adventures don't come with guarantees, or soft pillows.

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
Old 10-07-2013, 00:18   #5

No, but when your paying your a passenger. IMHO
Old 10-07-2013, 00:22   #6

I'm not intrested at all. Just making a point. He was asking alot and it goes both ways.
Old 10-07-2013, 00:46   #7

Boat: Tops'l Schooner
Your dreaming I would not pay, if you want me to work fine, but to pay you to work ,,,,,,,,
Old 10-07-2013, 14:29   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsailing View Post
Your dreaming I would not pay, if you want me to work fine, but to pay you to work ,,,,,,,,
I guess someone else will have a great adventure while you're making sure you're not being exploited.

Around $30/day for food and berth is really just paying your own way. And it's less if you're long term.
So with no experience, for about $8k you get a berth and food and the opportunity to learn to become a blue water sailor, use of dive gear included, travel the world.
So, you have to share chores and give a hand if anything more needs doing. Big deal.

Where on land can you live for a year and travel for $8k?

It looks like a very fair deal to me

Vic

Old 10-07-2013, 14:40   #9
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
I guess someone else will have a great adventure while you're making sure you're not being exploited.

Around $30/day for food and berth is really just paying your own way. And it's less if you're long term.
So with no experience, for about $8k you get a berth and food and the opportunity to learn to become a blue water sailor, use of dive gear included, travel the world.
So, you have to share chores and give a hand if anything more needs doing. Big deal.

Where on land can you live for a year and travel for $8k?

It looks like a very fair deal to me

Vic
+1

the other alternative is you could get your own boat and do the trip,and spend considerably more than $30 bucks a day
Old 11-07-2013, 03:31   #10

Boat: Tops'l Schooner
I just sailed 2500 miles in 26 days for $46 a day and that was for the 4 crew I say get your own boat and have your own adventure
Old 11-07-2013, 05:19   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsailing View Post
I just sailed 2500 miles in 26 days for $46 a day and that was for the 4 crew I say get your own boat and have your own adventure
That's easy enough if you're sailing a long passage, but mix in some coastal stuff and up go the costs.
The point is, the OP isn't looking for people like you. You have your own boat and experience.
Many people can't afford a boat, or want to try the lifestyle before jumping in and buying one, so this is a chance to try it out.

He is looking to go sailing, cover costs, and offer people with little or no experience and no boat, the chance to enjoy the adventure too.
He is putting his boat and experience into the deal, and anyone who wants to join him puts in money to pay their way and shares the work.

I really can't see why this is considered unreasonable...

Tags
Africa