Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2016, 23:53   #1

Boat: Halmatic 30' sloop
Exclamation NZ to New Caledonia departing mid April 2016

Hello.... we are departing Opua NZ around mid April and we are looking for one or 2 crew for the passage to New Caledonia. There is a possibility to continue on to Vanuatu, Solomon. New Guinea, Timor and then Singapore.
It is important that you are flexible with time as nothing is worse than beating into headwinds to try to catch a pre booked flight.
The boat is a 50' Beneteau, and has recently undergone major upgrades (electronics, mechanical, etc) and is very seaworthy. Last year we sailed her from the Carribean to NZ. Both the skipper and I have our Yachtmasters (offshore, instructor certificates) and both of us have independently clocked up thousands of sea miles (mine as a solo sailor).
This is not a paid position: we split food, diesel and marina costs and individuals are responsible for entry visas to various countries. All boat repairs and maintenance is covered by the skipper (and his wife who will not be sailing this leg).
Naturally, any sailing experience would be preferable, though not essential. If you love the sea, probably don't get seasick, eat almost anything, don't smoke or do drugs ... then respond!
Maureen
Old 20-03-2016, 05:46   #2

Re: NZ to New Caledonia departing mid April 2016

We are 2 unexperienced guys from Denmark, who is dreaming about an adventure at sea.
We are both very easy going and eager to learn everything there is to be learned!

At the moment we are both exchange students in Singapore and will end our studies the 18th of April. From there on we to travel with you for 1 to 4 months :-)

Location and Destination is not a big deal for us, we just want to have a great experience!

As mentioned, we are very easy going on some of our interest counts;
- Scuba Diving
- Snorkling
- Fishing
- watersports
- cooking
- Hiking

We are 21 and 23 years old, so if you need two fit guys to help you out on your journey. Please don't hesitate to contact us!

Best regards,
Nick and Philip
Old 24-03-2016, 12:14   #3

Boat: Shearwater 39

Hi, my name is Barnabe I,m a 30 years old French guy. I'm looking for a boat to New Caledonia or around.
I know nothing of boats but looking for a sailing experience.
I'm in Whangarei right now doing some fixing on a boat. Trying to learn the most that I can of that world.
I'm available for a meeting.

Waiting for your answer.

Barnabe.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 25-03-2016, 20:22   #4

Hi Barnaby
Fabulous that you are in NZ so we may be able to meet. Is there any chance that we can meet in Opua around 4th April. Both the skipper and I will be with the boat there then, so we can have a good meeting.... Please let me know
Maureen
Old 25-03-2016, 20:28   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delpierre View Post
We are 2 unexperienced guys from Denmark, who is dreaming about an adventure at sea.
We are both very easy going and eager to learn everything there is to be learned!

At the moment we are both exchange students in Singapore and will end our studies the 18th of April. From there on we to travel with you for 1 to 4 months :-)

Location and Destination is not a big deal for us, we just want to have a great experience!

- Scuba Diving
- Snorkling
- Fishing
- watersports
- cooking
- Hiking

We are 21 and 23 years old, so if you need two fit guys to help you out on your journey. Please don't hesitate to contact us!

Best regards,
Nick and Philip
Hi Nick and Philip
Thanks for your reply. Ideally I would like to physically meet with any crew before setting sail.... It's a very long sail if we don't get along! So my first priority is to contact any "local" sailors and go from there. That said, we may be able to skype ..... I will recontact you next week to update you on progress.
Many thanks again
Maureen
Old 25-03-2016, 22:28   #6

Boat: Shearwater 39

Hi Maureen,
I will still be in Whangarei, so it will not be a problem for me to get to Opuha. Can you tell me an hour and a place?
I'll be happy to join you.
My telephone number is +642 04 07 84 395.

Barnabé

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 02-04-2016, 16:12   #7

Hi - Wondering if you have your crew yet? I am a 58 year old reasonably fit (non Smoking) Canadian. I am easy going and semi-retired. I have limited sailing experience (Bahamas - Florida) Could you please provide more details about your expectations and and timing? you can contact me directly at contactprocess at g mail dot com Create a great moment! Paul
Old 03-04-2016, 17:40   #8

Boat: Catalina 320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delpierre View Post

- Scuba Diving
- Snorkling
- Fishing
- watersports
- cooking
- Hiking

Best regards,
Nick and Philip
Guys,
Sailing from Brisbane to Noumea on 21st May and back to Brisbane. Need two crew to keep watch.
Let me know if your keen.
Regards
Brent

Tags
cal, New Caledonia