Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-07-2014, 17:56   #1

Boat: Still Ogling
NYC / Tri-State Area

I just completed my ASA 101 course last weekend and had an absolute blast. It's been a long time since I enjoyed something so much, and I don't hesitate in saying that sailing will now be a part of my life moving forward.

My immediate goal is to keep the momentum going and serve as crew in my geographical area, learning to sail and sailing as often as possible, as well as learning about vessel maintenance.

I'm technically inclined, and own my own business which is technically oriented. Thus, I am particularly interested in both mechanics and systems operations. This means that if you need to fix or install a mechanical device or system on your vessel, I am interested in assisting you - even if that means a no-sailing day or two. Pulling maintenance on your diesel? PM me. Maintenance on your outboard? PM me. Delayed servicing your winches, but know it's time and think it might be faster with a helper? PM me. Etc. Now let's be very clear on this point: I did not say that I am an expert at any of those things, however I must learn them eventually, and until I can complete my formal education, the next best thing is hands-on experience with someone who requires assistance and an inquisitive mind for a job.

Some basics about me:

I'm a male 31 year old married business owner in NYC. Have car, will travel. Physically fit enough for work on a vessel. As far as I know, I do not get seasick topside - I've never been below for extended periods so I can't say. No drugs, no criminal background. Seeking the acquisition of knowledge safely. Safety is my primary concern. Knowledge and fun are secondary and tertiary. I generally get along with people very well, however please keep in mind I am a full fledged adult, and respectfully request that any skippers looking to scream at a noob for a day or two find someone else. I really don't mean to be rude, but I've heard and read some horror stories... I am intelligent, motivated and reasonable, and hope very much not to be burned seeking the same in return.

Anything else you need to know about me, please PM me and we can work out details from there.

Thanks for your time.

Tags
nyc