Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 16:30   #1

Thumbs up NY Metro area day trips and weekends

Hey,
I'm 34 yo man located in Bayside NY, but will travel for the right sailing adventure.
Looking to crew on a boat in/near NYC metro area that does afternoon and weekend sailing. Would love to sail around long island and am willing to do one way trips to Block island or other destination near transportation.

Sailing experience in small sail boats, day sailers and cruisers in Long Island Sound, as well as chartering in the Mediterranean. Experience with night sailing and repairs.

Non-smoker.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:23   #2

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40
Re: NY Metro area day trips and weekends

I will be relocating my Condor-40 tri from MA towards FLA beginning in September. This is an OSTAR designed offshore capable tri with 28 foot beam.

Would you be interested in joining for the the first leg (s). I would prefer at least a 1-2 week commitment which depends on weather of course. I have a USCG capts w/sail addendum and spend most of my time sailing Hawaii in big seas and strong trade-wind conditions with delivery experience on both monos and big tris. I'm hoping to make this trip an adventure not an exercise in survival. I grew up on LI sound so have many wonderful memories of the areas we will visit. Up to date local knowledge is so valuable.

With the right crew, its all the more enjoyable. Chris L
Old 06-08-2013, 07:50   #3

Boat: Catalina C25 25'

Hi, I sail out of Bayside Marina in Bayside and mostly do day sailing on my Catalina 25. I like local destinations for lunch or dinner in City Island, Manhasset Bay and other locations in the western LI Sound. I am planning to do some longer over nighters in the coming months.
Kenny
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28   #4

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40

Aloha, would you be interested in joining my boat for the leg Port Washington to N Barnegat Bay Sept 28-29. Its 76 miles which likely will require an overnighter as I would not want to enter Manesquan Inlet in the dark. Shoot me an email to my personal address at chrislaletin "AT" mac "DOT" com. I can send you more details.