Hi there, I'm looking for opportunities to crew in the Northwest inland waters surrounding Tacoma, Seattle
, Everett, Anacortes and Victoria. Also, leaving or arriving on the West Coast
of the United States or Canada
32 year old female, non-smoker, light social drinker, no drug use.
I am looking to sail as much as I can. I’ve started crewing
on a Hunter
45 CC, which I adore, and have realized I can’t get enough of being on the water
. I’m new to sailing, though I’ve sailed 14’ Hobie Cats on and off since I was a kid. I have logged about 300 hours and 440nm of inland days in the Puget Sound
and San Juan Islands
on the Hunter
45 and on two MacGregor
26’s. I have yet to log any blue water
. I will have taken ASA
101 by early December.
I can offer a variety of skills as crew:
- Trained as a naturopathic physician, licensed in Washington
- Trained in 1st aid and CPR (renewed annually)
- Team leader for land-based Search and Rescue
- HAM radio license
, technician class
- I have my own medical insurance
- Calm demeanor, difficult to stress under pressure
- I enjoy learning
new things and improving upon my skills
- Good sense of humor
, upbeat demeanor, able to make friends easily. I enjoy working in a team environment
- I can handle (and won’t complain at) being cold, wet and physically uncomfortable.
- I am used to being alert for long hours and at odd times of the day/night.
- I like to cook! And people usually like eating what I make (or so they say…)
- Happily married, emotionally stable
- Physically agile and strong, and not afraid of heights or deep water
(grew up ocean swimming and tree climbing).
- Can transport myself to or from anywhere in the world.
- Hobbies (besides sailing): hiking, cycling, cooking
, writing, working out, traveling, skiing, botany/NW native medicinal plants, volunteering for search and rescue
available upon request. Thanks everyone!