Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2014, 09:03   #1

Boat: Pearson 365 ketch
Now (10/1/14) Long Island Sound, NYC, South to Chesapeake

Sailing now, join for a few days or a week or more. Good condition 36' Pearson ketch, experienced captain. Laid back, good food, no big rush. Willing to teach a novice, just need a good attitude. ; - )
Old 29-09-2014, 11:10   #2

Re: Now (10/1/14) Long Island Sound, NYC, South to Chesapeake

Hi John,

I'm writing to introduce myself and my partner Toby.
We are hoping to crew on a boat with good people who are happy to share their knowledge and experience. We are currently on Long Island and looking to get on the water as soon as possible and head south.

I grew up in Florida and learned to sail small one person crafts at a young age- Lazers, Prams and Sunfish. Toby is originally from Long Island and grew up on the water as well. Neither of us have experience manning large craft, but we are eager to learn it all and have our own boat one day.

We could definitely share expenses and cover our own costs, and we ,do not have any specific itinerary or dates confining us, we are happy to see how and where things take us. We are both 28 and between us we are carpenters, artists, musicians, herbalists, great cooks, strong swimmers, we speak Spanish, and are excited to be on the sea and learn the ropes.

All the best,
Genevieve
Old 29-09-2014, 15:01   #3

Boat: Pearson 365 ketch

Hi there, thanks for the response. I will PM you.
Old 16-10-2014, 12:12   #4

I am currently in Florida with my fiancé and we are trying to find a boat to get on and work on and learn so that we can eventually make our way to either the Bahamas or the US Virgin Islands which is where we plan on moving if this is interesting to you then come pick us up and let's go ASAP you can call me at 919-308-2685 my name is James

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
Long Island, long island sound, nyc