Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-04-2014, 15:58   #1

Boat: Pearson 365 ketch
North Carolina to the islands of Maine, now through summer and fall

Looking for crew, experienced or otherwise, now (April) leaving North Carolina and heading north. Or join me later further up the coast. Thirty six foot Pearson sailboat in good condition, experienced captain (Me). Pleasure cruise, time to enjoy the coast, should be fun. Chesapeake Bay by May, Cape Cod by June, Maine by July. Then heading back south. Join me for a few days or a week, or more if we are compatible. I am easy going, like to have a good time, but safety minded. Willing to teach a novice. See my blog for more information - SailingAquinnah.blogspot.com. Happy sailing!
Old 29-04-2014, 18:53   #2

Boat: None (yet!?)
Re: North Carolina to the islands of Maine, now through summer and fall

Hi John
I wish I had some free time now to join you - I looked at your
blog and this will be a fun trip.
From your bio you sure have some stories to tell of your life,
I recommend people to have a read.

I am in NC and might get some free time for your return trip
(in the process of relocating from UK to US so time is limited at the moment)

All the best with the trip

Andy
Old 12-05-2014, 10:43   #3

Hi John,

A bit older but mellow and fun Co gal who just got back from a month long living on a non sailing boat in Coral Bay Usvi who got some sailing , tons of snorkeling and hiking time and looking for more sailing time now that I completed the 101-104 classes in Jan in Mx.
Not real sure where life is directing me but joining u for a week or so might be jus what we both need .
Also love to write and am always in awe of nature no matter where I am.
Cheers,
Gillian
Old 13-05-2014, 08:27   #4

Boat: Member Boston Sailing Center

John:

Love your blog. You should turn it into a book.

You plans for the summer sound like a great adventure. I did something similar last year - NYC to Castine, ME and back. Beautiful part of the country - especially North and East of Portland, ME.

Might be able to free up a week or more to join you after mid-June. See the "about me" section of this site for more background about me.

Gene
Old 17-05-2014, 17:32   #5

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint

HI John, Yes, I'd like to join at the Northern most end of the trip. That is, perhaps join at Cape Cod, and onward into Maine. I lived in Maine for 20 years and know the Penobscot Bay and the islands of Maine (I have a purpose for visiting Monhegan Isle - if we make a stop there). I Will PM with my CV. I have skippered my 36' Endeavor in the past, but will need to scrape off a bit of rust, have been studying the course work as well, and look forward to adding the hours to my CV and being part of your crew. Is Maine your end point? I have many old friends (and even an 'ex') in Portland who would love us to visit.
Old 18-05-2014, 15:24   #6

John - Loved reading your blog. I agree with EAKerberg that it could become a fun book of adventures.

I have 7-10 days around July 4th when I will be child-free and dying to get onto the water. You can check my "about me" for experience and of course, more about me - but in a nutshell: grew up leisure sailing on a 40 ft sloop (then a 40 ft gaff rigged Dutch Lemstrak sp?), moved to Santa Barbara and raced almost every Wednesday, plus weekends when I could. Most recently got into Schooner sailing. Hoping to buy my own boat in the coming year and make this my life. Oh - I'm a massage therapist…. Captain and crew always appreciate that! Last summer I traded massage for passage one weekend on the Nathaniel Bowditch out of Rockland Maine. It was fabulous! I worked on everybody on board, crew and passengers every day after the sails were put to bed in harbor. Win-win.

Leslie
ps - I am in the 'burbs of Boston, but could easily join North or South of Boston - if you have not fulfilled the crew numbers.
Old 18-05-2014, 22:48   #7

Hi,

I am available to join for any duration for this voyage. I'm from Boston but willing to meet anywhere along the route. Please let me know if you are still looking. I can send you more info.
Old 10-06-2014, 17:05   #8

Hey John, hope your enjoying your sail so far. I would love to join you for the trip back south from Maine to Cap Code. I have never been on the East coast and would be thrilled to experience it. let me know if you still need an extra hand and if so when you might be starting the journey south. Look forward to hearing from you.
vicki
Old 11-06-2014, 05:00   #9

Boat: Catalina 25, Pearson 30, Coastal 45

Sent you an email from your web page. Sam
Old 21-06-2014, 22:37   #10

Hey are you still looking for crew?

Tags
maine, north carolina