Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2013, 18:39   #1

NJ, NY to anywhere. Short notice welcome!

Hey there! I'm a 28 year old male from NJ looking for some experience and possibly an Adventure. My boss has given me the OK to take off with an open ended date for return as well as compensated airfare for the trip home.

I have watched either "Random Lunacy" or "Kon Tiki" once a week for the last six months. If you have no idea what those two documentaries are, let me enlighten you; they are the two films you watch weekly if you want to never miss land again.

Sooo.... Ive got a few options for vacation but to be honest Im not going anywhere if its not by boat. I also care very little about destination. Beggars cant be choosers right?

My work ethic is great. I get along with almost everyone but in the event that something does occur I will happily remove myself from the situation. Nobodys trip is getting ruined on my account.

Short Notice Welcome! Im available from today till the end of October. Background checks ok. Can supply references if needed. LETS GO PEOPLE!!!
Old 27-07-2013, 18:55   #2
o_q

Re: NJ, NY to anywhere. Short notice welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Openwaterdreams View Post
Hey there! I'm a 28 year old male from NJ looking for some experience and possibly an Adventure. My boss has given me the OK to take off with an open ended date for return as well as compensated airfare for the trip home.

I have watched either "Random Lunacy" or "Kon Tiki" once a week for the last six months. If you have no idea what those two documentaries are, let me enlighten you; they are the two films you watch weekly if you want to never miss land again.

Sooo.... Ive got a few options for vacation but to be honest Im not going anywhere if its not by boat. I also care very little about destination. Beggars cant be choosers right?

My work ethic is great. I get along with almost everyone but in the event that something does occur I will happily remove myself from the situation. Nobodys trip is getting ruined on my account.

Short Notice Welcome! Im available from today till the end of October. Background checks ok. Can supply references if needed. LETS GO PEOPLE!!!
are you a murderer? :<
Old 27-07-2013, 20:02   #3

Lol thats what came to mind when I re-read the post. I sound entirely too hurried to get away lol. I get a little enthusiastic what can I say? If you want, I have several frightened people in my basement that can attest to the morality of my character.

It rubs the lotion on its skin....
Or else it gets the hose again....

Wow, im killing all chances I have of making a decent impression.
Old 27-07-2013, 20:08   #4

Boat: PETERSON 44
I was worried by your boss being so willing to send you off on a raft or anything for as long as you want.
Old 27-07-2013, 20:19   #5

Well my boss is a friend of the family. He employed my mother for 16 years and Ive known him most of my life. He is also familiar with my parts of my situation that I havent shared. But thats another story for a differant website. I want to be on the ocean and grab some sailing experience. If I can do that while helping someone else out, then its a win win for all involved.
Old 28-07-2013, 18:38   #6
Marine Service Provider

call me asap regarding boat delivery 443 852 2163