Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2013, 21:12   #1

Boat: Beneteau 393
Next leg, el salvador to panama

Leaving October on a beneteau 393.

It will be my girlfriend and myself. Irish 38 and Aussie 48. I sail, she is new to the game but smart and keen.

Ideally we'd like another couple to join us for a month or two. Is a two cabin boat so another couple works well but we can manage anything. Had 5 aboard last time, all single folks.

Fishing, diving, exploring ashore.

Drop me a line if interested.

Simon
Old 19-08-2013, 19:20   #2

Re: Next leg, el salvador to panama

Hey there. Me and two friends are travelling the Americas headed to Brazil. 2 Americans and 1 El Salvadorian. So far we've driven from TX to Costa Rica. We would love to join on your sailing trip if you have room. We're hard workers (I personally am an expert carpenter), good cooks, and have some cash to help with expenses (I figure anything would help). We're also very simple people and could cram into a cabin. Were in Costa Rica currently, and could even go as far as meeting you in Nicaragua or something of that nature.
Old 24-08-2013, 20:30   #3

Boat: Beneteau 393
Have a bunch of interest now folks. Sure I will find crew by mid October when I need them.

Cheers

Simon
Old 27-08-2013, 09:27   #4

Next leg, el salvador to panama

Hi guys my name is Ricardo, 36, original from the Basque Country and I'm currently living in California with my wife. I'm a sailor, have some experience on the Med, Atlantic, and the most remarkable is that I used to sail my own 30' sailboat in betwen Nicaragua and Costa Rica for two years before I sold it and moved here with my wife. That was 4 years ago, so I pretty much know that area and how to deal with harbour authorities etc. I also know interesting places, etc. Well, it will be nice to make a little scape for me and give you a hand and visit the area again. Will be nice to hear from you.
Have a good one.
Ricardo.
Old 27-08-2013, 15:47   #5
AKr

Re: Next leg, el salvador to panama

Allen,
Very interested in your trip. I am currently living aboard my little 25 footer with my girlfriend here in the Outer Banks of north carolina. I have been looking for oppurtunities to crew on bigger boats going further distances than I am able to do singlehanded on my little boat. I am a commericial fisherman from Alaska, but am taking time now to pursue the dream of fishing, spearfishing and exploring by sail. I have limited access to internet (mostly just at the library where I am now) but I check more regularly when i am expecting a message. please contact me personally with a phone number if interested. I am easy going 25 year old male. Have done lots of differnet lines of work throughoght North America, including lots of guide work such as kayaking and whiteater rafting, ranch work, fishing, etc. Have swiftwater recuse certificates as well as CPR and first aid training. Most on my sea time is not sailing time, but as I said since I couldnt find anyone to really crew for I just bought my own little boat to play with. Have been learning a lot. Can put my boat up on the dry or sell it on asap. This boat is a learning experience, and has served me well, but I am looking further. Even if you no longer need crew if you have any advice for us please let me know! We are looking to learn and see new country. Hope to hear from you soon!