Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 10:11   #1

Boat: Island Yachts Peterson 34
Newport to Bermuda Race 2010

I know most people here are cruisers, but on the off chances that some one knows some one --

I am seeking a crew spot on a boat participating in the Newport to Bermuda Race this year.

I am 47 years old, fit, with years of offshore sailing experience on deliveries and cruising passages ranging from the Chesapeake to Newfoundland, starting at the age of 14. My racing experience includes crewed and double-handed overnight racing in the Gulf of Maine on my own Peterson 34, with some moderate success. Experience in conditions up to Force 8.

I have current Wilderness First Aid and CPR certifications, and I attended a Safety at Sea seminar in Cambridge, MA in 2007. I am getting the ISAF Hands-On Survival Training at LSRE in Rhode Island on March 6, and will also be at the Safety at Sea seminar in Newport, RI on March 13th -- which might be an opportunity for you to meet me (and me you).

Generally skilled in mechanical, electrical and other systems, having personally undertaken a complete refit of my own boat. I have a professional background in Earth and Environmental Sciences, including having taught an introductory college-level course in Atmospheric Science and Meteorology.

I am centrally-located in Keene, NH -- about equidistant from all ports on the coast between Stamford, CT and Portland, ME -- so where-ever you are in New England, I can easily join you for boat preparation work, training, and on-the-water practice. I may also be available to help with delivering the boat from Bermuda back to the east coast after the race.

A detailed sailing experience resume is available.

Please PM or e-mail (via the forum). Thanks!

Tags
Bermuda, newport, race