Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 21:22   #1

Boat: Morgan Out Island 33
Newbie in Houston TX area

All,

I'm brand new to sailing, but want to learn. We (family and I) will be relocating to San Pedro, Belize, and a sailboat is absolutely in our future. If you're in the Houston/Galveston area, would like to share what you know about sailing, and have space for me on your boat, lets talk.

My background: Retired Firefighter/Paramedic still working as a Medic in Houston area, so scheduling time on water unfortunately is a factor. Flexible work schedule will get me on water, just need some advanced notice. Usually a couple of days is enough...

If I can crew for you, drop me an email. Let me say again, I am NEW to sailing, but picking it up quickly.

Thanks, and safe travels

Kenny
Old 07-04-2014, 00:55   #2

Boat: Mac 26X
Re: Newbie in Houston TX area

Hi Kenny. We're on Clear Lake, I'd be happy to have you join us some time. But we have a small boat. You might look here: Welcome to Houston's Wednesday Night Sailboat Races!!
The Wednesday night races are a great place to get time on board. The less serious racers don't mind inexperienced crew for "rail meet"

Tags
houston