Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2011, 01:09   #1

NewBee Looking for Learning Experience

Hello everybody,
I'm new here to cruiser forum as You can tell by my profile. I'm looking for some learning experience on a sailboat or even a yacht if possible. I'm looking into taking a sailing lesson in July. I live in the New York. Metro area. So if anybody needs a hand or would like some company this weekend or any weekend for that matter. I would be glad to help out.
I'm 42 years old male in fairly good shape. Mechanically inclined,easy going and a fast learner. I work full-time as a train Dispatcher and before that I was a mechanic on the rail road working on diesel locomotives. I work nights so I'm available weekend mornings,afternoon and weekends. Many years ago I worked on a 45ft yacht in weehawken NJ. I have little experience on small water craft on The Bays of south Jersey. I someday I would buy a boat but never thought about buying a sailboat until reading this cruisers forum all this shared knowledge, advice and sometimes humorous comments has me addicted and I can't seem to get enough. Thank You all for your contribution to this forum. It just may inspire me to change The course of my retirement plans. Hope to hear form some of You soon.
Please forgive my typos as I'm typing on my phone.
Old 29-06-2011, 07:16   #2

Boat: Gulfstar, Mark II Ketch, 43'
Re: New bee looking for learning experience

Welcome Aboard Cruisers Forum
Old 12-07-2011, 21:59   #3

Re: New bee Looking for Learning Experience

i have free space good to learning but is not to wekends is one long international cruzing from fort lauderdale to brasil boat racer smoll full equiped sharing espences ,i give hospitality in my house in rio and sao paulo estimated trip 35 /45 days no stoping destination ilha bela capital of sailing in south america ,normal a make solitarie if you have interest call 347 4801117 at nigth date to go 18 july

Tags
learning