Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2012, 12:53   #1

New York area to Europe -> Italy -> Tuscany! Italian backpacker heading home

Hi! I'm a young traveler at the end of my neverending solo trip. I started in September from Southern Ontario, Canada, farming in a blueberry farm. Then made my way south to NY state and Virginia, then west to Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, until I reached San Francisco for Christmas. From there I suddenly moved south to Arizona and just before my visa expired I jumped into mexico, farming in a mango plantation for a while, before going to the beautiful and charming Guanajuato, on the mountains north of Mexico City. I worked there for a while too, then on the road again to Chiapas and the Yucatan peninsula, before getting to Belize and Guatemala. From there south south south again, to El Salvador, Honduras, beautiful Nicaragua, amazing Costa Rica and Panama.
Now I'm in NY city, relaxing in a friend's apartment in Chelsea (man, I needed a vacation after all this!) and I count on finding a crew opportunity to go back home, the beautiful town of San Gimignano in Tuscany.
My visa expires early July, so it'd be best for me to find something before hurricane season, around LATE MAY - BEGINNING OF JUNE.
I've been sailing before with my brother and my dad, a week in a row for the longest time, and I'm fearless about the atlantic crossing. I don't have any license, but can easily help if refreshed a little. I'm easygoing, fun to stay with and responsible. I can cook good healthy food, can help with cleaning, maintenance, I speak 4 languages (italian-english-spanish-french) and..I'm looking forward to hear good news and have a cup of tea by the dock with you guys
Have a great day!

Tags
Italy