Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2012, 06:24   #1

new sailor looking to crew

Hi - recently completed sailing course on lake Ontario Canada. 53 yrs young, 160 lbs, in great physical shape - no smoking/drinking. looking to find a crew position for a novice anytime mid oct. onward. have good mechanical skills & general trade knowledge. extensive camping experience. travelled north & central america by motorcycle. hoping to hear from you

Barry
Old 01-10-2012, 02:17   #2

Boat: Nautitech 442, 44 ft
Re: new sailor looking to crew

Hello Barry,
I seek somebody to help me to deliver my catamaran from Martinique to Guadeloupe between next 16th and 20th october. If this matches your plans, let me know.
Sincerely.
Old 01-10-2012, 17:20   #3

Teles - sorry i can't make it out of cold Canada before november. hope you will contact me if you need crew in the future. Good sailing

Barry
Old 02-10-2012, 10:35   #4

Boat: Nautitech 442, 44 ft

Ok, fair winds !
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38   #5

Seeking long term, committed adventurers/sailors for west bound circumnavigation embarking December, 2012, from Fort Lauderdale. Age, gender not critical; positive outlook, open-mindedness, curiosity about people and places a must!
Here's a bit about me and my mission. I'm a physician in semi-retirement, at the moment finishing up a few years also as a goat herder/cheese maker and taking a sabbatical from work in women's health. Circumstances and modest savings permit me to get back to one of my first loves (other than my mother) of sailing. I have just purchased an Atlantic 46 catamaran designed by Chris White and sitting in Florida. I did a lot of monohull sailing between 1995 and 2006 in the Atlantic (Bermuda), the Bahamas, the Caribbean, and off the coast of California. This would be my first trip through the Panama Canal and the South Pacific. My hope is to circumnavigate if all works well and crew turn out to be dedicated to the idea and compatible.
I am a pretty laid back, open-minded, non-religious adventure minded person. I look forward to seeing new places and taking things as they come. I am an amateur musician, love reading, am fairly wordy and enjoy discussing anything from politics to you name it, even play a little bridge.
Currently, regarding crew, I have a Canadian man definitely committed to at least six months and maybe more who has a woman friend who may join up along the way. There is also an Italian sailor who's very interested plus a couple of others interested in short stints. I would prefer longer commitments although I realize anything can happen along the way. Of course, I have family and friends who might meet up at different points as I hope you may.
As far as expense sharing, that remains to be seen although my intentions are to keep things as simple as possible. I would like at most four including myself aboard and that would keep food, fuel, visas, transit expenses to a minimum. I am guessing with four folks, $400-600/month/person would be in the ballpark Obviously, boat maintenance is my responsibility.
I hope this gives you a thumb nail sketch of things in the wind. Oh, I hope to launch sometime in early December and would love to have crew aboard before then to help prepare the boat for its journey. Crew will have to pay their ways to the boat.
I'm sure I've left lots of things out so please fire back with questions.
Tim

Tags
crew