Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 04:03   #1

New Orleans to Tampa Florida – Two spots left for the 16th Sept

Hi I’m looking for 2 more crew for a 10-day cruise down the West Gulf Coast. I plan to depart New Orleans on the 16th of September and expect to arrive in Tampa up to 10 days later. If we arrive in Tampa early you are welcome to continue with us on down the coast towards Naples Fl.

My boat is a 46ft center cockpit Formosa/Peterson sailboat complete will all the appropriate safety gear. Epirb, Lifejackets, Harnesses, AIS Mob alarms, 8 person Ocean Life Raft etc. Wet weather gear can be supplied if required.

Ideally you should have offshore experience and be good health. It should be a lot of fun and I’m interested in enjoying the trip with like minded people. We are not in a rush so will stop off and explore when we get the chance.

If you’re interested please email your details and a short summary of your sailing experience to galbraithclan@gmail.com

Look forward to it.

Ken
Old 08-08-2013, 12:41   #2

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 53
Re: New Orleans to Tampa Florida – Two spots left for the 16th Sept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenno 46 View Post
Hi I’m looking for 2 more crew for a 10-day cruise down the West Gulf Coast. I plan to depart New Orleans on the 16th of September and expect to arrive in Tampa up to 10 days later. If we arrive in Tampa early you are welcome to continue with us on down the coast towards Naples Fl.

My boat is a 46ft center cockpit Formosa/Peterson sailboat complete will all the appropriate safety gear. Epirb, Lifejackets, Harnesses, AIS Mob alarms, 8 person Ocean Life Raft etc. Wet weather gear can be supplied if required.

Ideally you should have offshore experience and be good health. It should be a lot of fun and I’m interested in enjoying the trip with like minded people. We are not in a rush so will stop off and explore when we get the chance.

If you’re interested please email your details and a short summary of your sailing experience to galbraithclan@gmail.com

Look forward to it.

Ken

The peak date of hurricane season is September 15th. So, at least you are leaving on the downhill side.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:46   #3

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40

I've done this exact delivery and beware of the oil rigs in the northern gulf that extend hundreds of miles off shore. They can be tricky if visibility is poor. There are many high speed service vessels that blast around at night. We almost got run down by one and only a searchlight pointed at the approaching boat alerted him of our collision course.

Running down the coast or ICW through Destin and Panama city is kind of cool. Be ware of the bridge in Destin, seems lower than advertised as I knocked some hardware off our mast head going under on a 32 Benetaeu.

After Panama City, not many places to duck into until Tampa and prevailing winds typically are on the nose so some long tacks (or diesel consumption) may be in order. Have fun. Don't miss Cabbage Key north of Sannibel.
Old 10-08-2013, 13:39   #4

Hi
If a crew position is still open, I would like to be considered for it, if not put me on as back up in case someone drops out. I just did a delivery in June on a 48' Tayana. Some of the details are on this site in my profile and additional info is on the 7knots site under same id, rcole. I can call you or you to me, 303-733-1043.
If all goes well on the first leg, I will have an interest in continuing on till you give me the order to depart. I would prefer close to a decent transportation hub.
Thanks for the opportunity
Randy Cole
Old 11-08-2013, 03:21   #5

Thanks Chris, I'll make sure we're lit up like a christmas tree for the first day or so out of New Orleans.

And thanks to everyone that applied for the crew positions. Luckily I've been able to source a very competent crew for the voyage and can't wait to get out there (weather permitting)

Ken.

Tags
florida, new orleans