Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2009, 10:43   #1

Need Crew for South Pacific!

We need your help! We are looking for one additional crew member (or couple) to help us sail our 38 foot catamaran from Panama to the South Pacific as part of a mini-rally with other boats. Please email us for more information!

Our boat is a very reliable and fully equipped open ocean vessel. It is a 2004 Lagoon 380. It has three cabins, air conditioning, water maker, an enclosed cockpit and all lifesaving equipment available (life raft, epirb, SPOT, MOM, etc). It offers an extremely large amount of space for three people on a long voyage.

We are a full time cruising couple in our late 30's from San Francisco. The captain has sailed his entire life and has ample bluewater experience. We got married in August with the goal of making our "Honeymoon" an extended voyage from Maryland to Australia. So far we have logged several over night passages, including one 10 day voyage from Norfolk to the BVIs.

We are looking for someone (guy or girl) with decent sailing experience (and of any age) to come help us. We will cover all boat expenses, you will need to pay for your own travel to and from the boat. We are firm regarding no smoking, drugs or guns, but we want you to bring an appetite for discovery and exploration. Bring your music, guitar, scuba gear, camera, etc!

Our itinerary is slightly flexible, but something close to this:
March 1-14: transit the Panama Canal with other boats in Rally
March 14-17: Passage to the Galapagos
March 18-31: Galapagos Island Exploration
April 1-20: Passage across South Pacific to Marquesas, French Polynesia

Please write for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Seth & Elizabeth Hynes
(seth_hynes att hotmail dot com)
Old 24-01-2009, 02:40   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48
What a great opportunity...I'm sure you'll get lots of responses.
Good luck.
Old 24-01-2009, 02:44   #3

Boat: Stevens 47
Hey Seth....welcome to the Cruisersforum...This is Michael from Arielle....hope you find crew!!....see you in Panama if not before.
Old 24-01-2009, 04:50   #4

Thanks James and Michael, we certainly hope to get some good help! Michael, sounds like we will see you guys soon in Dominica. We depart Antigua for Guadeloupe tomorrow (we think), but due to the riots/closures there we might skip over to the Saints and see you a whole lot sooner. We'll be in touch. ~Seth
Old 25-01-2009, 05:30   #5
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Rangiroo and 3Eagles,

I can't believe you guys by-passed Nevis! The beers would have been on me.
Old 26-01-2009, 10:27   #6

Hi Hud3, we actually stopped in Nevis before coming here via Guadeloupe. We loved it! Great hiking on the "Source" hike. Thanks for your support of this website and happy cruising. Seth
Old 26-01-2009, 15:07   #7
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Hi, Seth.

The Source is a great hike. A few of us have been clearing an old trail up to Nevis Peak (3232'). Too bad I missed your visit. We have had quite a few folks that we've met over the Internet visit here, and have enjoyed it greatly. Fun to share "sea stories", and a beer or two.

Fair winds...
Old 29-01-2009, 13:03   #8

Boat: nacra f18 infusion
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Eagles View Post
We need your help! We are looking for one additional crew member (or couple) to help us sail our 38 foot catamaran from Panama to the South Pacific as part of a mini-rally with other boats. Please email us for more information!

Our boat is a very reliable and fully equipped open ocean vessel. It is a 2004 Lagoon 380. It has three cabins, air conditioning, water maker, an enclosed cockpit and all lifesaving equipment available (life raft, epirb, SPOT, MOM, etc). It offers an extremely large amount of space for three people on a long voyage.

We are a full time cruising couple in our late 30's from San Francisco. The captain has sailed his entire life and has ample bluewater experience. We got married in August with the goal of making our "Honeymoon" an extended voyage from Maryland to Australia. So far we have logged several over night passages, including one 10 day voyage from Norfolk to the BVIs.

We are looking for someone (guy or girl) with decent sailing experience (and of any age) to come help us. We will cover all boat expenses, you will need to pay for your own travel to and from the boat. We are firm regarding no smoking, drugs or guns, but we want you to bring an appetite for discovery and exploration. Bring your music, guitar, scuba gear, camera, etc!

Our itinerary is slightly flexible, but something close to this:
March 1-14: transit the Panama Canal with other boats in Rally
March 14-17: Passage to the Galapagos
March 18-31: Galapagos Island Exploration
April 1-20: Passage across South Pacific to Marquesas, French Polynesia

Please write for more information. We look forward to hearing from you.
Seth & Elizabeth Hynes
(seth_hynes att hotmail dot com)

hi
this sounds intresting
butt when are you planning to start?

regards
Old 03-06-2009, 02:57   #9

Send a message via Yahoo to dskurauskis
From Frech Polynesia

Hello,

I am a fun loving 66 year young and retired from owning a piano store/rebuilding business in Chicago. Sailing and Scuba are the activities I like the most.

Two years ago, I sold my 45 ft. IOR and have lots of experience sailing. I am also a divemaster with all my diving equipment. Also, I don't smoke.

It looks like you are in French Polynesia now and will probably be heading to the Cook Islands from there.

I would love to Join you in your trip, say from 2 to 4 months or maybe more. My email is dskurauskis at yahoo dot com

Hope to hear from you soon,

Don Skurauskis
Old 06-06-2009, 14:19   #10

Crew Posting Filled

Hello all, thanks for all the great replies, but this posting has been filled and our crossing is now complete. We are now in Tahiti... I would delete the posting but cannot for the life of me figure out how to do so. Best of luck to all that replied.
Seth
Old 06-06-2009, 14:33   #11
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Thanks for closing the loop, Seth.

(thread closed)

Tags
south pacific