Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2012, 11:30   #1

Need Blue Ocean Experience

Hi

I'm traveling around the world and would love to gain more sailing experience especially off shore. Ideally I would like to go south down the California coast but am aware of the hurricane season brewing along the coat of Mexico so would take the opportunity to go North.

I'm 23 years old, originally from New Zealand and have spent a lot of time in, on and around the ocean surfing, fishing, boating, windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking and much more.

Because of my extensive travels I am able to relate to and enjoy the company of people from all cultures.
I'm ready to work hard, take the night watches, scrub the decks (and the head), cook and share in any other tasks of daily life on board and of course man the sails! I have no romantic ideas that sailing is always cruising over a crystal ocean with the wind in my hair headed off into the sunset, although at it's best it is all that and more.

I'm currently in Santa Barbara California but willing to travel for the right opportunity.
I have current CPR training and have worked as a shipwright on mostly wooden vessels.
Look forward to meeting you

Thanks,
Beth
Old 23-05-2012, 21:07   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Irwin 52 Freya
Send a message via MSN to cliff johnsen Send a message via Skype™ to cliff johnsen
Re: Need blue ocean experience

HI beth. We will be sailing the sea of cortez the month of june. To and from Puerto Vallarta. freya52.com is where you can learn about us and the boat.

We leave Puerto Vallarta about June 3.

Hope to hear from you.

cliff 530-342-1665
Old 24-05-2012, 05:25   #3

Boat: Skookum 53'

Welcome to the forum Beth.
Old 24-05-2012, 07:22   #4
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Welcome aboard Gypsysailor, hope you find the right berth, you sound like a solid asset to have on any yacht.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Old 25-05-2012, 15:08   #5

Thank you Cliff,

I will definitely be in touch when I am down that way. Freya is a beauty! I have a good friend in Montreal called Freya who is a great sailor.

I'm traveling with a friend Tessa who is also a wonderful asset to a crew.
I'm in Yosemite national park right now but will give you a call when I have the chance.

Thanks again,

Beth
Old 26-05-2012, 18:09   #6

Re: Need Blue Ocean Experience

hi,wi will start in a week from Bermuda to Europe,and we have one cabin free. If u interested contact me mversix at gmail dot com
Old 29-05-2012, 13:54   #7

Hey there,

Well I'm 27 yrs old world traveler myself! Been anywhere cool? I currently have a 65' boat in puerto Vallarta and I'm in route to the Galapagos and then probably the canal. I don't really have any plans other than stopping along the way an enjoying local culture. I'm a professional capt on a 280' boat when I'm not cruising, so we probably won't sink!! Lemme know if u guys wanna come share some drinks... O and sail too!
Capt.jonrichards@gmail.com