Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2016, 13:50   #16

Boat: Pearson 367
Re: Need 1 way to Hawaii, Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sky View Post
Ceila, Wow, that's the kind of behavior I'd want aboard for three weeks...You're not scoring any points by having an attitude. BTW, being on a 40' sailboat, 10 days out of LA or SF isn't anywhere close to anything you've experienced on a ship. Also, the cost of proper foul weather and personal safety gear will cost you $$.
I spent $1000 on foulies/pfd/tether. I spent $400 for a spinlock pfd though so call it $800 for the op. Plus needing to contribute to the bottom line.
Old 18-08-2016, 13:52   #17

Ok, I'm literate Celia, and I own 4 cats. I've had a single cat which I raised from a kitten onboard and Stowaway knew the Life onboard, yet still occasionally got sick, and into things he should'nt have. I'd never subject a cat, or dog, that was'nt raised on a vessel to 'take a 4 week voyage of Hell'! The Pacific Ocean gives a small boat TWICE the a$$ kicking that the Atlantic Ocean dishes out at times, and I'm talking South Atlantic not the North Atlantic Ocean. You may have gone on a boat for a few day trips, but obviously have never been to Sea by the tone of your responses to boat OWNERS who have been to Sea and LIVE aboard their vessels.

Spend some money and pay for a cruise ship ticket for crying out loud. There are some Lines that sail from the US West Coast to Hawaii. They even re-position ships for the Winter Season.

Your responses to people giving you advice is EXACTLY the reason why I'd take your cat and leave YOU standing on the dock A person would have to be nuts to take someone of your mindset 'along for the ride' from the West Coast to Hawaii
Old 18-08-2016, 13:54   #18

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
I have no cruise or sailing experience
I would appreciate any comments, direction, or help with this matter
I am well aware as to what this site is...
Please do not asses which transportation I would find more fearful...
Do you know how to read or...
I encourage everyone to become literate....

With an argumentative attitude like yours, good luck on getting an offer.
Old 18-08-2016, 14:01   #19

This guy has to be a troll right? Either way, I think this thread should be entertaining!
Old 18-08-2016, 14:07   #20

Boat: Caliber 40 LRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCoolDave View Post
I spent $1000 on foulies/pfd/tether. I spent $400 for a spinlock pfd though so call it $800 for the op. Plus needing to contribute to the bottom line.

Dave, I was going to put three or four $ signs up, but I figured she could get some serviceable, used foulies at a swap meet or second hand store, get a foam PFD and an inexpensive tether. Me, I've got $1000 in just the PFD, PLB and an AIS MOB device. On my last passage back from HI to SF, we took a knock down that tore off the two stbd. panels of the dodger and everything stored on the cabin top under the dodger went bye-bye, except my PFD and the attached equipment, which luckily wrapped around a stanchion and didn't go under enough to fire. No more storing stuff there when it gets "Nautical" outside.
Old 18-08-2016, 14:10   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETO View Post
This guy has to be a troll right? Either way, I think this thread should be entertaining!
Nah, not a troll. She is literate but ignorant about the risk/difficulties of crossing an ocean. Especially with a pet.

Also if you have a fear of flying why would you choose an island in the middle of the pacific? Maybe give the Southeast US a chance. There are plenty of top level colleges there you can drive to.
Old 18-08-2016, 14:18   #22

Boat: Caliber 40 LRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCoolDave View Post
Nah, not a troll. She is literate but ignorant about the risk/difficulties of crossing an ocean. Especially with a pet.

Also if you have a fear of flying why would you choose an island in the middle of the pacific? Maybe give the Southeast US a chance. There are plenty of top level colleges there you can drive to.

Not saying this is the case, but you know what they say about the "Entitlement generation".
Old 18-08-2016, 14:22   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Sky View Post
Dave, I was going to put three or four $ signs up, but I figured she could get some serviceable, used foulies at a swap meet or second hand store, get a foam PFD and an inexpensive tether. Me, I've got $1000 in just the PFD, PLB and an AIS MOB device.
Yeah, you only need those if you want to live when you get knocked off a boat. lol
Old 18-08-2016, 14:27   #24

Boat: 2ft wide dreaming chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETO View Post
this thread was entertaining but I think you folks scared the gal off.
might be for the better.
Old 18-08-2016, 14:31   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
this thread was entertaining but I think you folks scared the gal off.
might be for the better.
Probably left to go tell all her friends about how she had to deal with all the mean spirited sailors that refused to help her!
Old 18-08-2016, 14:34   #26

Oh I hope she comes back...I was just getting comfy reading!

Smart mouthed, hair balls, stinky litter box. Would have to be a lonely soul to step up! Uh uh no thank you.
Old 18-08-2016, 14:44   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Well guys, It appears that the Poster is no longer interested in the responses and as such, the thread has run its course...

Tags
hawaii, lease