Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 06:25   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440 (44')
Nanny-Crew Tahiti

Hi everybody,
We are a Swiss couple (French speaking) with 4 year old twins travelling around the world on our sailing catamaran. We will be in French Polynesia for 2 years or more as of October 2014. We are looking for a young English speaking nanny / au pair to share our life a few weeks or a few months. We offer a true dream life in the most dramatic sceneries of the Pacific Ocean with the opportunity of learning the basics of sailing, cooking and French. Our sailing program is pretty smooth and you'll find more info about us on our blog: http://sailingsalamander.blogspot.com (time to practice French…).We offer food and lodging in a private cabin with a private bathroom. In exchange, we expect some help with our kids. We expect this young person to have a previous (even short) sailing experience. We will be in SoCal early September 2014 for interviews. You’ll find our email on the contact page of our blog. Looking forward to exchanging with you.
Old 08-08-2014, 17:37   #2

Boat: Pearson 39-2 "Sea Story"
Re: Nanny-Crew Tahiti

I don't know how I missed this yesterday. If I were single, I would be all over this!
Old 23-08-2014, 06:03   #3

Hello,

I sent you an email. I am very interested in this position if it is still available.
Old 30-08-2014, 22:29   #4

Hello!!
I am an experienced older lady who just had my youngest daughter out of three girls graduate from high school and go off go college. I have an empty nest now. I am very thorough in my knowledge of early childhood development as I went to college for three years majoring in childhood development. I have also taught in a preschool having the three year old classroom. I really enjoy children of all ages!! My children never had to be disciplined as I raised them in an environment which was encouraging and so they flourished and grew up to be wonderful, and beautiful young women. I am not having a lot of money at this time in my life, but when I was young my family was quite well off, we always had a city house and a lake house. I spent a lot of time having holidays at the beaches, but have never sailed. I would love to learn!! My parents lived in Key West Florida for 15 years and I was flying or driving there every chance I got! You would think we would have sailed, but we just boated around the keys in our Boston Whaler.
I also have sharp skills in housekeeping, as in my last few years I owned my own house cleaning business. I am very good at keeping things in order, spotless, and in like brand new condition. I know how and love to cook everyday hearty meals, southern style food.
I also know how to have fun, when all of the work is done. I consider myself a really all around good spirited and a happy person with good people skills and usually get along with everyone I meet.
I know that you are looking for a young person, but if you do not find the perfect one, I should be a great young at heart 'grandmother' type for you all.
Sincerely,
Tara
Old 30-08-2014, 23:30   #5

Hello again!!
I just wanted to add If you are ever in need of what I have to offer, if not this trip, you may call me at a moments notice. I have been in my same residence and area since around the year 2000. I am now dreaming of travel and being helpful in the process. I live near Dallas, Texas and I saw on your inspiring blog spot/web page, that you have traveled here not to long ago!! Also, your family is simply adorable, all of you!
I have everyone raised and gone from our home, and am ready to explore the world, or a trip with your fabulous family would be my pleasure. So, remember that I am here when you need a hand. Tara

Tags
crew, tahiti