Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 06:52   #1

Miami to charleston, sc

I'm thinking about heading up to charleston in a month, month and a half. Just when ever I'm ready and I have all my **** together.
I want to go mostly outside and make some good time. I'm usually solo and it's just exhausting so I was seeing if I can find someone who can give me a break to get a few hours of sleep during a passage. I'm on no schedule .. Id like to stop in st Augustine and fernandina...
I'm sailing a 1969 28ft classic Morgan..shoal keel with a 6ft centerboard.
I plan on staying in charleston for awhile.
Hit me up if interested and we can go over details.
Tom
Old 15-03-2016, 21:05   #2

Boat: OPB (Other Peoples Boats)
Send a message via Skype™ to softgoodsint
Re: Miami to charleston, sc

Hi Tom, your schedule fits when I expect to be available and I'd be quite interested to join your sail as a volunteer crew (& have references). I'm interested in learning the route, and the coastal areas, to the extent we "drop in" to them, but I'm especially simpatico with your "mostly outside" demeanor/approach. I'm generally about at intermediate skills with sailing (ASA103 & ICC Bareboat Skipper, for instance as well as a 30 day Pacific off-shore experience), and I am skilled with electronics and electrical issues/repairs.
I also have an assignment which requires me to have more experience & understanding with/of provisioning and cooking on board, so I'd be happy to take on a large percentage of that responsibility, while relieving you of it, somewhat at least. Of course, all with your permission and supervision as skipper. My previous sails were shared food expense and responsibilities, as well as me working out my own travel, of course.
Old 22-03-2016, 04:49   #3

Re: Miami to charleston, sc

I love in St Aug. and interested in helping.
Tom

Tags
miami