Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 08:01   #1

Mexico to Australia

Looking for crew to sail from La Paz Mexico through South Pacific to Australia around mid to end of April on a Rafiki 37. Shared expenses. please reply to email padadd@hotmail.com
Old 13-03-2013, 12:05   #2

Re: Mexico to Australia

Newbie to this board. Could explain in detail "Shared Expenses"?
Old 13-03-2013, 12:06   #3

please send me your email
Old 13-03-2013, 12:26   #4

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerowe84 View Post
Newbie to this board. Could explain in detail "Shared Expenses"?
I assume you will share all the expenses incurred from the departure port to the destination port, so food, fuel and custom fee etc are the expenses that you are expected to contribute. Cost of repair and maintenance are not. But don't be surprised that some captain/owners require you to make a donation.

Old 15-03-2013, 03:09   #5

Just for reference.... We did the trip last year from Mexico to Australia. We travelled 9500 nm in the season starting end of April and ending end of November. We budgeted for $10 per person per day for living expenses and with the fish we caught and fruit and veg we were given, we ended up spending a lot less than our budget and that included a fair amount of pizza and beer in various places. We used 330 lt of diesel for the whole trip and paid around $1200 for all our duties and taxes etc...
Old 16-03-2013, 21:00   #6

Interested!
please email vanssons@gmail.com
Old 17-03-2013, 00:29   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddvan View Post
Interested!
please email vanssons@gmail.com
Hiya Todd

I've been trolling your account and see that on most of your applications you simply say a few words like Interested and email me at........

Well the reality is that when we look for crew we don't always refer back to the thread and that is especially where Internet is not readily available.....

In Padadds advert you will see that he clearly says email me at..... so he is probably sitting on the hook off some exotic beach waiting for an inbox and drinking a cold frosty

If you check his activity log you will also find that his last login was several days ago so if you are serious about his trip then send him an email and get the crew list filed with immigration or you will be flying back to where you came from!

I met Paddad in Mexico and assisted in the survey of his vessel prior to him buying it two years ago so from that perspective it is a great, comfortable and strong safe boat and the owner is a great guy and easy to get along with.... I've put up some some of my last seasons expenses as a reference so you can see how much the costs could be for a Pacific crossing to OZ - have a look and if you are actually serious then get over to him and meet him.

Good luck for your trip and I am sure you will have a great time.

Tags
Australia, Mexico