Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:57   #16

Boat: Hanse 505 14.85mt
Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor
Re: Mediterranean, Caribbean , Panama ,Galápagos Islands

[QUOTE=markhefley;1572929]I'm interested in joining you in the leg from Europe to the Caribbean if it is in 2016.

Hi Mark, yes I will be doing the ARC Atlantic in 2016 so keep in touch , link up on our facebook page. Hansesailor Community
Old 04-08-2014, 02:23   #17

Hi Hanse Sailor,
reading your post, I found that you are planning something about what I am dreaming of for long time...
I am 54 years old, sailing for 14 years. Living in Czech Republic, I can also speak a little bit German, though some practice would be required (I have worked for some time in Berlin, more than 20 years ago...)
Last year I got yacht master Ocean certificate in Czech Republic, crossing Atlantic from eastward. I am used to take care about the boats (small repairs, antifouling, sail repairs, boat electronics). I also participated in small repairs of engine (also in the "middle" of Atlantic).... As I have MSc in electrical engineering I understand electronic. For instance last year in Bermuda, we had large problems with our automatic steering and local repair shop refused us to handle problems with position sensor. So with support of Rayarine I was able to handle it myself...
I like astronomy, so several years ago I bough sextant, practicing sometimes cellestial navigation.
During Atlantic crossing, we found that very important skill is cooking. So we shared this responsibility with my friend - I can offer cooking simple and quick meals, in the harbour also "non healthy Czech meals".
Having family (daugthers 10 and 12 years old) I can not "escape" for long (6 months), but I can afford to be up to 3 month on the sea...
My other interests are skiing, snowboarding, hiking, canoing.. I like to visit foreign countries.
My dream is to sail around the world "through hops" with experienced sailors as you. Probably the most interesting leg for me would be passage from Carribean to Gallapagos or from Europe to Canary Islands...
I agree with you, that Hanse are very good and reliable boats (I have sailed them several times in Baltic sea). I think, that it is very important, that you "get in touch" with somebody with whom you want to spent several weeks/months on board. If you will find my response interesting, I can come to Germany so we can meet each other...
I have also my complete sailing CV, which I can send you to your email...
Best regards,
moreplavec
Old 04-08-2014, 02:35   #18

Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor

Hi moreplavec, Thanks for your reply, Over the next few weeks I will be sailing from Denmark to Spain so there would be a chance to catch up some where. We will arrive atYacht Port Cartagena, the new marina in the Mediterranean Sea (Cartagena, Spain) on or about the 1st of October we we will winter the boat. So that would be a good place to catch up also.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:05   #19

Hello Hanse, I sent you a PM a couple of days back, did you receive it?
Old 01-09-2014, 22:07   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMEO View Post
Hello Hanse, I sent you a PM a couple of days back, did you receive it?
Hi, I have been at sea and not seen some mail. Am now in Holland heading south so have internet daily at the moment.

Please resend.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:27   #21

My name is Rob, Born in Holland But now I live in the carebean. It looks like a great sail adventure and I would love to join you. Kind regards Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Rob
Old 11-09-2014, 09:01   #22

Unhappy Re: Mediterranean, Caribbean , Panama ,Galápagos Islands

update on my voyage

After completing the ARC Baltic Rally and sailing south from Denmark to Holland where we entered the canals in the north and exited in the south near Belgium we are now in the south of England . Tomorrow we will head for Brest on our way south to Spain.

Will then spend 2 years in the Med for anyone who is interested in joining the crew during 2015 and 2016 . Min 2 weeks with a shared cost of 50 euro per day with all meals on board, fuel and port charges per person.

We will then join the ARC Atlantic in 2016 and the WORLD ARC to Australia in Jan 2017 for 180 days.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:43   #23

As a quick note I'm currently aboard Hanse Sailor in Gibralter, I've been aboard since August 18th boarding in Denmark. There is a saying in the UK that you never gain weight sailing well Andy's catering disproves that's theory! The yacht is a well appointed boat with comfort and space aplenty.. Andy has provided the experience of a lifetime for me and the crew we've had aboard. I will be sorry to leave in a few days but hope to be back next year somewhere in the Med. Maybe in the Greek Islands.

My advice don't hang back and dream "Grab the opportunity of a lifetime within the lifetime of the opportunity"

KeithB

Tags
Caribbean, mediterranean, Panama, rib