Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2015, 10:44   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft,Cutter, 40
Send a message via Skype™ to childsplayll
Marsh Harbor,Abacos to BeaufortNC @4/24

Looking for one more crew to join two person crew. About a 4 day sail with option to extend along ICW to Titusville, VA. Pacific Seacraft 40.
Old 14-03-2015, 12:13   #2

Re: Marsh Harbor,Abacos to BeaufortNC @4/24

Are you paying expenses for the working delivery crew?
Old 14-03-2015, 15:12   #3

Ahoy....This is a last minute action as another friend/crewmate dropped out. Burt and I (my wife is flying home from Marsh Harbor) are basically looking for someone to increase our sleep time. We can do it with just the two of us but three would likely increase the enjoyment of the trip;I am assuming you are a likeable guy with experience overnight and offshore. We will share the sailing duties. I am hiring Chris Parker for weather routing so we will not leave until we know the conditions are likely.....but not guaranteed..... to be favorable. I am shooting for @4/24. I am happy to cover your provisioning expenses during the offshore passage but assuming we are still talking to each other I would expect to split the costs of any portion along the ICW if you decide to continue. And, you would be responsible for your travel expenses. Burt is leaving the boat in Beaufort and I believe flying out of New Bern. Norfolk, VA also has an airport. I just noticed another post titled "Its that time of year" for someone who has obviously used this forum to add crew in the past. I may need to upgrade my post in order to provide more information for people like yourself.

Thank you for your interest,

Dan
Old 14-03-2015, 15:29   #4

Thank you for your quick and informative response. Yes, I have done many blue water deliveries and have a lot of experience. I hold a master's ticket. Your delivery sounds interesting but I don't pay to work on someone's boat. There are a lot of sailors on this forum who don't mind paying to work, so I'm sure you will have no problem finding crew. Have a safe trip.
Old 15-03-2015, 18:18   #5

Boat: ALBERG 30

where are you clearing customs in USA? HAVE DONE CROSSINGS SOLO BUT HAVE ONLY CREWED once, sorry about caps. If it cost me nothing I would be happy to see if it fits my schedule as I can get to Marsh Harbor. Retired airline captian 71yrs young, still sail a 30 foot alberg solo. I plan to go to keys some time this summer and leave my boat at Boot Harbor. Going to ride Harley down with couple friends that have never been to keys or sailing, Happy go lucky, no drama, just love to be on the water, no drugs and very little alcohol, and love the Bahamas. I assume staying on the boat in marsh harbor would be the arrangements untill weather window? please private message me. What is the name of the marina that you are at?
Old 15-03-2015, 19:11   #6

Ahoy....Thank you for your interest. I posted another ad today....not having done this before....with more info that should answer more of your questions. If you are still interested we can talk further.

We are clearing customs in Beaufort; I already called customs just to be clear on the procedures and I anchored ther while passing through in the fall.

My first boat was a Seasprite 23 designed by Carl Alberg and built by ce Ryder.
I also kept my boat for a few seasons at Robinhood ME which is owned by Anthony Valvalotis who built all of the Alberg designed Cape Dory yachts. You have good taste.
Old 15-03-2015, 21:20   #7

Sailing Resume for Bill Anderson
1980 Annoplis to Bermuda round trip on 41 foot ketch.
1981 Annapolis to Montreal on same ketch.
1984 Annapolis to Bermuda Yacht Race. Bermuda to New York on
same ketch.
St. Thomas to Bermuda to Martha's Vineyard on 40 foot yawl. Classic wood Sparkman-Stephens built in the 1920's
Due to work (firefighter/medic) and family (wife, two daughters) my sailing activities were reduced to day sails, with the exception of the delivery of a 54 foot sloop from Alpena, Michigan, to Chicago in 1990. With retirement, I renewed serious sailing.
Mackinaw to Chicago on 36 foot sloop.
Chicago to Green Bay on same sloop.
Panama to North Carolina on 65 foot sloop.
Bermuda to Newport, RI on 52 foot sloop.
North Carolina to Tortola, BVI's on 34 foot sloop.
Ensenada to La Paz, Baja, on 48 foot ketch.
Upper Chesapeake to Bermuda on 46 foot ketch with return
to Norfolk, VA.
New Providence Island, Bahamas, to San Juan, PR on 38
foot sloop.
Hampton, VA to Virgin Gorda, BVI's on 37 foot catamaran.
Annapolis to Charleston, SC on 50 foot sloop.
Sarasota to Key West and back on a 36 foot Island Packet.
e-mail wdconch@aol.com
Phone 248-399-8507
Old 16-03-2015, 13:56   #8

Interested in joining the crew. Love the Pacific Seacraft line. I do 1-2 deliveries between the east coast and Bahamas/Virgin Islands/Bermuda etc each year. Am familiar with the Abaco's and have sailed through there before. Would do so at my own expense.. just acquiring offshore experience for future cruising plans. Thanks -Tom
thomascalvinbarnes at gmail
Old 17-03-2015, 18:12   #9

Thank you for your interest. you certainly have experience that would interest me but to be clear about my needs you should review the other posting I have that provides more information about the trip and my needs. I am not interested nor do I need a professional delivery skipper. If you are still interested after reading the other posting let me know and we can talk further.
Best, Dan
Old 18-03-2015, 19:16   #10

Hi tom,

Lost your thread somehow with referral, please re-send and advise age and health issues.....thank you dan
Old 18-03-2015, 20:41   #11

I'm 31, fit, healthy, professional, educated etc.
Never been seasick. And I immediately regret writing that. Here's to not being jinxed.

Tags
abaco, beaufort