Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2011, 13:28   #1

Looking to Sail from Hawaii to Australia

Hi there, my name is Maria, I am based in BC but have been partially living in Hawaii on boats and learning how to sail. I am in Canada now and looking to become part of a crew sailing from Hawaii to Australia/NZ or anywhere around that part of the world. I don't have a lot of experience, but am totally in love with the ocean and its my dream to sail the world. I'm up for a lot of hard work whether it be cooking,cleaning, or helping cruise.

If anyone out there needs some help please let me know and ill fly to you and we can begin a journey!!

Thanks
Old 27-08-2011, 04:31   #2

pirate Re: Looking to Sail from Hawaii to Australia

Hi Maria,
I live on the Island of Maui and am in the planning stages of buying a sailboat to sail from Maui to Durban South Africa via south pacific and Australia.My email is trev@maui21.com .
Old 29-08-2011, 11:28   #3

Boat: Catalina 42 Pacific cruise to Australia
Re: Looking to Sail from Hawaii to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefoot View Post
Hi there, my name is Maria, I am based in BC but have been partially living in Hawaii on boats and learning how to sail. I am in Canada now and looking to become part of a crew sailing from Hawaii to Australia/NZ or anywhere around that part of the world. I don't have a lot of experience, but am totally in love with the ocean and its my dream to sail the world. I'm up for a lot of hard work whether it be cooking,cleaning, or helping cruise.

If anyone out there needs some help please let me know and ill fly to you and we can begin a journey!!

Thanks
Maria, I'll be sailing from LA California beginning of November, down to Mexico then on to Ecuador before departing for Australia via Galapagos, French Polynesia, Tonga Fiji and Vanuatu. The trip will be for approx 10 months of cruising around some of the worlds most beautiful islands.

My new boat is a 2003 Catalina 42, (which I'm sailing home to Australia), is well equipped nicely appointed.

I have cicumnavigated in my previous boat and crossed the Pacific twice before. I'm looking for young enthusiastic crew, willing to learn and easy going for a really enjoyable South Pacific cruise.
Old 31-08-2011, 15:51   #4

Boat: Pearson Vanguard 32

I am leaving for Fiji then New Zealand from Oahu, HI in May/June of 2012. PM for more information.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:32   #5

Maria,

I am Captain Ozan Kursun..I have 14 years exprience..I am interesting about your voyage if u contact with me..

ozankursun*at*hotmail*dot*com

Brgds
Old 07-09-2011, 11:17   #6

Hi Jamel i would love to accompany you to Australia my son lives and works in Sydney and i always wanted to sail pacific.My friends and family have sailed a Contest 29 out of Cornwall and around UK for 15 yrs i have day skipper and competent crew certificates cook best chilli and currys you will ever taste not to mention Scottish humour. I have just sold my house and was looking to buy a Cheoy Lee out of San Diego till i came across your message yours joe mc
Old 08-09-2011, 19:17   #7

Boat: Catalina 42 Pacific cruise to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2535 View Post
Hi Jamel i would love to accompany you to Australia my son lives and works in Sydney and i always wanted to sail pacific.My friends and family have sailed a Contest 29 out of Cornwall and around UK for 15 yrs i have day skipper and competent crew certificates cook best chilli and currys you will ever taste not to mention Scottish humour. I have just sold my house and was looking to buy a Cheoy Lee out of San Diego till i came across your message yours joe mc
Hi Joe, Sorry, I have a full compliment of crew confirmed only yesterday. If anything changes I'll send you a private message.

I bought my Catalina 42 in Marina Del Rey, CA. The west coast has a load of boats for sale, ideal set off point too! Be careful of old boats, many have lots of work required to bring them up to scratch, but many gems out there too.

Take care mate, love curries by the way!

Alan
Old 09-09-2011, 01:12   #8

cheers Alan safe trip
joe

Tags
Australia, hawaii, sail, australia