Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2011, 16:30   #1

Looking to Go Anywhere from the East Coast

I have loads of experience teaching racing as well as younger introductory sailing in a small community in Maine. I am 23, fresh out of school and looking to see some of the world, hopefully by boat! I have been sailing for years although never on more than a day trip and am willing to work for small pay or food for as long as needed! You can even drop me off anywhere! I am currently in Baltimore and will be following the sun down the coast asking anyone who looks like they might need a hand. PM me and we can talk!
Old 17-10-2011, 17:26   #2

Boat: Hunter 36
Re: Looking to go anywhere out of the east coasy

I live in Richmond, VA. Sailing a Hunter 36, out of Deltaville. Planning on heading South to the islands within the next 30 days. Contact me and perhaps we can work something out.
Old 17-10-2011, 22:40   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48
Re: Looking to Go Anywhere from the East Coast

Hey Aricartt....welcome to the forum....have a look at our Crew position forum.
Old 18-10-2011, 14:45   #4

I am buying a 41' sailboat in Maryland this week and need someone with me to move it South into kehma, Texas. I am straight.Are you interested ?
Old 19-10-2011, 07:29   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman66
I am buying a 41' sailboat in Maryland this week and need someone with me to move it South into kehma, Texas. I am straight.Are you interested ?
I am straight as well. Not looking for a sexual adventure, just a sailing one! I think I should clarify that although I would be a great addition to a team I do not make the team. I am inexperienced when it comes to big boats but I am a very quick learner. I have lots of experience being on the water in high wind and crisis situations in smaller boats.
Old 19-10-2011, 07:46   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Aricartt.

Old 19-10-2011, 07:52   #7

Sometimes I get lost in this forum.My first time.I sent you a posting.To follow up with that I will repeat the message.I will be on the boat with you as the crew member.I have Navy time on the water.Some sailing time 50 yrs ago.we will motor down the ICW, which is about a third of the way.We would sail about 20 miles out and follow the coast line.The trip would take about 15-20 days.We can't travel ICW at night.Many great places to stop and see.I followed a Blog on the net that had pictures. It look great.
Old 19-10-2011, 08:02   #8

This boat has the new Schaffer self-furling capabilites. The boat is set up as a Solo operation from the cockpit aft. The boom furls reef to any lenght without going forward to tend.Has autohelm,gps,etc.If you can sail, this is the most sail friendly concept ever.
Old 22-10-2011, 18:31   #9

Boat: 36’ Vindo 50 Sloop

Hi, I'm from Maine also. I'm sailing my way down the coast and will be heading for the Virgin Islands. I am looking for someone looking for a ride and the adventure. Maybe we can help each other out. Reply thru the forum with a way to reach you.

Thanks---- Steve
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59   #10

Boat: tayana 37

we are in NC leaving for St. Thomas, USVI in 5 or 6 days. Looking for crew..
Old 22-11-2011, 11:35   #11

Crew Wanted. Florida to St. Thomas, leaving circa November 28, 2011 via Bahamas, Turks & Caicos, Puerto Rico. Cheoy Lee 42, just sailed from Maine to Florida. Need one more crew member who is fit, a non-smoker and experienced in blue water sailing. Expenses paid. Contact Gordon at gjhumphrey at comcast dot net

Tags
east coast