Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 22:00   #1

Looking to be a part of the crew in South Pacific. Leaving from anywhere

Hello,
My name is Svetlana and I work in Singapore in natural cosmetics field. Ready to quit my job and make a dream come true - sail through South Pacific (Fiji, Noumea, Tonga, etc. etc.)!
Unfortunately I don't have any experience in crewing, but I am a good learner, can cook, clean, help out and share duties.
Pls reply if you have any similar plans
Thanks!!
Old 06-03-2016, 01:03   #2

Boat: Mason 44
Re: Looking to be a part of the crew in South Pacific. Leaving from anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsvsv View Post
Hello,
My name is Svetlana and I work in Singapore in natural cosmetics field. Ready to quit my job and make a dream come true - sail through South Pacific (Fiji, Noumea, Tonga, etc. etc.)!
Unfortunately I don't have any experience in crewing, but I am a good learner, can cook, clean, help out and share duties.
Thanks!!
You should have no problem getting onboards boats leaving Singapore/Malaysia for East.

Many boats are leaving for Australia and they are looking for crew. Some of the boat are really nice boats, better than mine anytime From Australia you would work way up to Fiji / Tonga. Cyclone season starts late sept till April.

Try posting your profile at https://www.findacrew.net/

If you still can't get a spot, try taking a ride to Puteri Harbour Marina. For SGD$4.00 you can catch a bus at Jurong East Bus terminal to the Malaysian Check Point. A bus JPO2 will take you to Puteri Harbour/Hello Kitty leaving at 8:30 am/11:30am/14:30am/17:30am or CW7 to legoland and take a connecting bus to Puteri Harbour/Hello Kitty or a taxi.

You can then post your ad with the marina people who are very friendly.

The Malaysian Rally will start in April/May and many boats will be heading east via north Borneo.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:03   #3

Hello Eric, thank you so much! I will definitely try to check the Malaysian marina and maybe even the one here in Singapore. Hope for the best!
Old 10-03-2016, 12:08   #4
woc

Boat: Lagoon450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svsvsv View Post
Hello,
Thanks!!
Hi Svetlana. My name is Gert and I am sailing on a 45 ft Catamaran in the South Pacific. I sailed with a partner from the US and recently arrived in the Marquesas. Unfortunately my partner dropped out and i am looking for some help to continue to the Tuamotus, Tahiti, Samoa, Tongs, Fiji and on to Australia.
My boat has three cabins with ensuite facilities for total privacy. The boat is easy to learn to sail and sailing experience is not essential.
I am presently anchored on the island of Nuku Hiva and will be here until the end of the month.
If you are interested we can exchange more details.
Old 14-03-2016, 14:41   #5
woc

Boat: Lagoon450

Hi Svetlana,
This is Gert waiting for your response. If you are interested in joining in Nuku Hiva to sail the South Pacific for the season please contact me on "woc@myiridium.net" with copy to
"gert@aiglstorfer.com". The boat will end the season In Puteri Harbor Marina, next to Singapore. Airfare from Singapore to Nuku Hiva is provided.
This is time sensitive and I hope to hear from you
Old 14-03-2016, 20:56   #6
Marine Service Provider

Boat: sloop 6o feet

hi im sailing my boat from hawaii to sydney late next month if your keen
Old 15-03-2016, 21:50   #7

Boat: Morris Ocean Series 40

Hi there, I have a boat based in New Zealand and am planning on cruising in South Pacific and also around New Zealand. Very seaworthy boat. Interested to hear from you. Peter

Tags
crew, south pacific