Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2011, 16:07   #1

Looking for time

I am a 50yr old male that has been forced to change careers yet again due to the economy so I went back to my passion as a child, sailing which I have been doing for close to 30 years. I started at age 8 but that doesn't count as all they let me do was helm and grind.
I have current ASA 101,103,104,114, CPR, Advanced First Aid Certifiactions. I am a former Firefighter / EMT, Police Officer and IT Administrator. I have more recommendations than you can count.
I have built race cars and customs. I am pretty much a "Jack of all trades" yet admit that I master none or at least few but can fix darn near anything with duct tape.
I seek: like minded or at least those that can use my abilities to help me progress to my USCG OUPV. I am not interested in small craft and day trips at this point.
TEACH ME! I learn better by doing than by reading!
I am clean, honest and trustworthy. I will accespt any task assigned and not whine. Valid passport and logbook.
I WILL NOT:
Pay a daily rate PLUS expenses just to be on your boat.
Provision your boat solo, but my GF and I might so that she can come along and get the experiance. We can discuss this.
Depending on location / duration I MIGHT come to your starting location and pay my way home. I am based in Sourthern California. This is something that we need to discuss as well.
*No Person, Individual, Agency or Corparation, known or unknown to me can repost this information without my express written permission*
Old 22-12-2011, 16:31   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Looking for time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4DaRiver View Post
I am a 50yr old male that has been forced to change careers yet again due to the economy so I went back to my passion as a child, sailing which I have been doing for close to 30 years. I started at age 8 but that doesn't count as all they let me do was helm and grind.
I have current ASA 101,103,104,114, CPR, Advanced First Aid Certifiactions. I am a former Firefighter / EMT, Police Officer and IT Administrator. I have more recommendations than you can count.
I have built race cars and customs. I am pretty much a "Jack of all trades" yet admit that I master none or at least few but can fix darn near anything with duct tape.
I seek: like minded or at least those that can use my abilities to help me progress to my USCG OUPV. I am not interested in small craft and day trips at this point.
I am clean, honest and trustworthy. I will accespt any task assigned and not whine. Valid passport and logbook.
I WILL NOT:
Provision your boat solo, but my GF and I might so that she can come along and get the experiance. We can discuss this.
Depending on location / duration I MIGHT come to your starting location and pay my way home. I am based in Sourthern California. This is something that we need to discuss as well.
*No Person, Individual, Agency or Corparation, known or unknown to me can repost this information without my express written permission*
Ha Ha I did ...welcome and good luck..DVC
Old 22-12-2011, 16:55   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: Looking for time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4DaRiver View Post
I WILL NOT:
sounds like you should be talking to jon charron aka ss-little devil on the forum

currently he is embarking on a reality tv sailing project best of luk