Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2015, 10:27   #1

Looking for some crew

Hi, my name is Nathaniel. Im on the Disco Sandcastle, a Cal Cruiser 35 motor sailor. I am in the process of sailing from Maine to the Virgin Islands. As of today I am in the Chesapeake and will anchor near the Patomic river mouth and then be in Norfolk in a day or two. Im planning on going down the ICW through Virginia to NC.
I have been single handing so far but would love it if any interested parties would message me if they would like to accompany me for part of the trip. An additional person at the helm occasionally would be great.
Im 45, laid back, in good shape and just plain enjoying myself. I dont have an itinerary except that it is getting freeking cold around here and I want to be where its shorts and no shirt all the time. So, Im pressing South as quickly as 1 guy can. If you are interested, just please dont be a smoker or a habitual whistler. im new to this site, so please bare with me. Hope to hear from some enthusiastic sailors who want a little time on the water.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 18-10-2015, 12:28   #2

Re: Looking for some crew

PM sent! Interested in your voyage!
Old 01-11-2015, 14:39   #3

Where are you located now and for the next few weeks?
Can you tell me a little bit more about your typical day to day in the USA and on your way to the Virgin Islands?
Expenses?

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2015, 19:47   #4

Boat: Searay, runabout, 21'

Are you still in the Carolinas and needing help? If so I'd like to get more information. Your current location, are you going all icw or some outside, are you just passing through or stopping along the way to enjoy the sights? I'm in Charlotte NC and would like to join for a few days to a week if that helps you out. Private message me or e-mail abwhitley@carolina.rr.com to work out the details. Thanks, Bobby
Old 30-11-2015, 17:32   #5

Boat: Last boat 51, Baveria

Need crew? Mostly retired, experienced sailor, missing boating lifestyle. Can share expenses. Prior boat owner (51'Baveria) Ocean and Carib experience. No ICW experience. Gene
Old 01-12-2015, 07:10   #6

Hi Disco,

You are not going my way, but I wanted to tell you anyways that....
I heart the name of your boat!
Old 23-12-2015, 11:29   #7

Bob Burg (Charisma1937)
Columbia, SC

Sailing Resume

College graduate, have sailed the Bahamas and Caribbean for the last 40 years on sail and powerboats, mostly sail. Have owned and sailed 32’ Down east sloop, 43’ Choy Lee motor sailor, 55’ Lagoon catamaran, 65’ Hatteras long-range cruiser, and a 16’ Hobie Cat. Am experienced in the Bahamas and most of the islands in the Caribbean as far as the ABC islands. In my first life I was a freelance corporate pilot and wholesale liquor distributor. I can perform all sailing responsibilities including navigation, sail handling, standing watch, cooking, tending bar and being a good host. I’m PADI certified and I can fix minor mechanical problems, but I’m not an engineer. I require expenses to and from the boat and while engaged. Available June 1, 2015 until whenever.
Old 23-12-2015, 17:53   #8

I would like to help. Can do a couple of weeks starting immediately. Please tell me about the boat. Do you have storm sails? EPIRB? What GPS? What year is your boat? Do you have autopilot? Life raft?
About me:
Experienced sailor, racer, owner.
CPA, Financial Analyst, Retired
US Passport
Married, 66 yo, male, very fit non-smoker
First Responder, First Aid Certified, CPR
Have raced sailboats in all kinds of weather – lakes and coastal.
Can cook, stand watch, share expenses, travel to and from connections. I’m not a mechanic, but can change a fuel filter and repair running lights.
Seeking to crew on East Coast deliveries or cruises to US/Carribean. Safety is job one… two, three, four…
When not sailing, I am kayaking, biking or golfing. I play the banjo and usually travel with a ukulele.
Looking for adventure and to build offshore hours. I love sailing the BVI.
Email; terryhoye at gmail.com phone/text 423-509-9816. If you need another, my 33 year old son is also available to join us. Tell me when and where to meet you.
Old 24-12-2015, 05:50   #9

I would like to join you for a couple of weeks. Where and when do you want me to meet you?
Old 28-12-2015, 19:02   #10

Very jealous of your adventures and would love to join sometime.
My girlfriend and I finish University in May 2016 and are interested in joining you in a trip.
Would love to talk more!

Best,

Alexander

Tags
crew