Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2014, 14:01   #1

Looking for sailing experience in Florida over Easter

My wife and I are looking for a sailing opportunity over Easter sometime 14-26 April this year to get more practical experience.

We are certified up to ASA 104 bareboat skipper since last year and have last year spend two weeks in a Flotilla in Croatia on a 35ft yacht as skippers. Before that we have mostly operated small dinghies and hobbie cats and sailed with family or friends on their boats whenever possible but usually with long breaks in between. So we are eager to keep going.

We are in the 30-40 age range and enjoy travelling and exploring nature. We like to travel with our inflatable kayak around the world and appreciate the extra degree of freedom a small boat grants you to explore new places.

We can contribute with chores and sharing expenses. We both enjoy cooking and are not shy of using cleaning products. In terms of crewing we are comfortable at all stations.

We currently live in Belgium but are both of mixed nationality (US and British - plus my wife has an extra Canadian passport and I was born in Germany).

We are open minded on what to expect and would enjoy coming to sail a couple of days or a couple of weeks what ever you would be comfortable with.

We will be based in Hollywood Beach/Fort Lauderdale, FL as we have family connections there. Will have means of transportation to get anywhere in Florida and will consider joining any off shore passages and finding our own way back.

Grateful for your reply.

With best regards

Tim and Andrea

Tags
enc, florida, sail, sailing