Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-09-2013, 12:43   #1

Boat: 44' Nova Heritage East
Looking for person or persons wanting to Cruise the Carribian Islands

I am in the process of purchasing a Nova Heritage East and will be motoring to Florida then on through the Carribian islands to Venezuela. I am looking for a person or couple that may be interested in joining me and my wife that can pay for all there expenses and half the boat expenses not to include maintenance . I am 47 and my wife is 36 . From Texas to Florida My wife will not be aboard but she will join in Florida or at worse in Dominican Republic. We are very easy going people that love adventure we don't smoke and are light drinkers. I have almost 10 years power boat experience on a 26 foot Bayliner. And almost one year experience solo sailing. I will be looking into taking my 6 pack course in Florida before heading out. We are looking for like minded person or couple. We are in no rush and want to enjoy the trip but we don't want to spend weeks in any one spot weather permitting. If you have a serious interest please contact me. The plan as of yet will be to head out of Texas to Miami end of Oct. beginning of Nov. will be in Miami for aprox a month to get license and provisions.Also if any other boats want to group up and go down let us know. Always safer in numbers.
Old 03-10-2013, 18:30   #2

Re: Looking for person or persons wanting to. Ruise the Carribian Islands

Hello
We are a professional couple looking to put more nm under our belt. Have about 4,000 blue water miles under our belt. We are non smokers social drinkers.

Contact us mrmrssmith1962@gmail.com
Old 12-10-2013, 09:03   #3

Hi. good morning.I am a brazilian sailor with 20 yrs experience in boats and sailing around. Now I am in Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela looking for a boat to go on. I am a English, Spanish and Portuguese speaker. In case you are intereset do contact me to talk about it, I am available any time to get to your boat.
my regards

Sergio
Old 13-10-2013, 11:10   #4

Still looking for person or persons I am currently on board the boat in Freeport getting ready to leave at the end of the month
Old 14-10-2013, 11:10   #5

Re: Looking for person or persons wanting to Cruise the Carribian Islands

Good afternoon Yachtz,

I am interested and was wondering how much you would expect per day to travel with you? Thank you.

-Evan
Old 14-10-2013, 14:37   #6

Well tell me what you are willing to do on board and what you know about boats and I will tell you what we are willing to do. But basically if you are In-experienced and want to get sea time in and just willing todo basic cleanup after yourself and stand a four hour watch every 8 hours we are underway. Yo will be looking at about 40.00 per day to cover three meals a day consumables, TP, cleaning soaps, ect. And fuel. And you pay all personal expenses when ashore restaurants, drinks, candy, checking in and out of countries,transposition cost to and from boat from where ever you are now to where you want to go when you leave the boat. If you have skills and want to work more on the boat during the trip we will see what you know and can do and what we use . We can work things out you may even be ale to go free . My email is jne gomes at Singhn icloud dot c om remove spaces contact me and let me know what you want what you can do and I will let you know oh and where and when you want to join up with us if it all works out
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 07:11   #7

Hi,

We are two women and a nine-year old and we would be very interested in sailing with you from Miami to Venezuela. We are inexperienced, but are happy to work and also pay our expenses and contribute to boat costs. We are currently in Toronto, but can get ourselves down to Miami to meet you if you feel that we would be a good match. Are you anticipating leaving in mid to late December?

Cheers,

AK
Old 12-11-2013, 10:34   #8
dct

hello yachtz, my name is david ,I am 60 years old. I cruised the Caribbean for 13 years aboard my Downeast 45 ketch. I know boat systems well and I know the Caribbean islands and all best places to visit. I was a competent captain and would make a reliable hand. Also I am a good free diver and fisherman and I always provided lobster, conch, and fish for the table.

Tags
cruise