Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 09:14   #1

Boat: Passport 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Christopher 60
looking for female sailing partner

in Miami final prepping for Rapture’s departure Mid October?... Then sail through the Bahamas quickly towards Lupron DR. until the end of hurricane season. there is always a large sailing community there. December, head south leisurely through the Caribbean during the winter... May, June depending on joint decisions either Bermuda and across to the Med or Panama west through the Pacific...Why a partner? Really getting lonely watching sunsets and sunrises with no one to share or talk too, meeting and entertaining other cruisers and the all-important sharing needed boat projects… Plan mostly to stay anchored out and dingy into shore….Marinas yes sometimes when the price is right.

Hope to hear from you
Old 09-10-2013, 12:32   #2

Re: looking for female sailing partner

Hi there,

I am a 55 yo white female with plenty of sailing experience. I crewed from Fort Lauderdale to England in 1987. Actually, I started out on a boat from Ft. Lauderdale to Spain, but we were lost at sea for 15 days (I have stories) so I jumped ship in Bermuda and got on a great boat for a slick run to the Azores and then England. I have run out of water, food and lived through a really rough north Atlantic storm (my job was to run the boomed out jib into a cleat on the foredeck in forty foot swells). I have also sailed through Indonesia and the Greek Islands. Scariest of all of course were the weekend sails in New York harbor, where every 4th of July, someone T-bones another guy, or ends up as a hood ornament on a cruise ship.

I spent last winter on land in Mexico. I basically stayed in a screened in palapa, with an attached tent. After years in suburbia, I did that trip as a test, to see if I could still manage. I could. I drove from New Jersey to Mexico...alone...wouldn't try that again...and ended up looking after a friend's dogs on a very isolated piece of beach near Mahuhaul, close to the southernmost part of North America. I also travelled to Belize and Cuba.

I am well travelled, a good cook and a great storyteller. I am active and love SCUBA. Broke a knee skiing two years ago and have no interest in doing that again. I have been trying to sell my house and am sick of living in a museum, while I wait for a buyer.

Let me know if you want me to contact you directly.
Old 09-10-2013, 14:01   #3

Boat: Passport 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Christopher 60

Hi you peaked my interest...lets talk. I'm in Miami where are you adventuring now?
Cmlove2003@yahoo.com
Old 09-10-2013, 14:38   #4
cruiser

Pichurs. We need pichurs.
Old 09-10-2013, 14:47   #5

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Hey, good luck looking for you female crew. We also have a singles group here at CF, if you like to check out.
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Single Sailors Seeking Soul Mates

I found my husband here at CF, we are getting our boat ready to head out for the Caribbean, hope to see you out there, and hope you won't be single handing
Old 10-10-2013, 13:06   #6

Location: I moved from fl 17 years ago to ky where I own a home. Planning to move back to fl

Hi...my name is Linda... i just joined today... lovley site. I have a photo I took a few days back. I am in the process of getting my home ready so I can head to fl to find a crew position. I have no obligations for the fist time in my life and my passion is leading the way now!

The last time I sailed was delivering a 42ft west sail with a 8 crew from ann to fl... but that was many noons ago and I am seeking that lifestyle again.

I have been taking care of 6 landscaped acres, a garden, big house, two autos, and 3 foster teens all by myself till a week ago when I decided to retire as a foster parent and fullfill my dreams. I do get backgrounds checks, cpr and all that comes from fostering.

I am interested in ur quest. If u would like to contact me for more information I will be glad to provide my cell #

Tags
sail, sailing