Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2014, 19:26   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to jaswho
Smile Looking for experience!

Hello everyone!
Me and my boyfriend Jack are currently in Sydney and looking for a boat to join as a part of the crew in order to gain some sailing experience and acquire some crucial skills for the future. After being in Australia we're hoping to find a boat heading somewhere to the Pacific, which is why we really need all the practice and experience we can get! I, Jasmine, am a 23-year-old girl from Finland and Jack is 18 years old and from Wales (I know, sounds young but we definitely act older than we are).
We have all the time in the world, so no need to rush to any destinations with us. We're able to relocate to anywhere in Australia or NZ in order to join a boat on it's journey. We're fun, easy-going and get along easily with anyone, and we don't drink nor smoke. We're both in good physical condition and perfectly healthy, clean & tidy, keen to learn more about sailing and we can also cook.
I have a bit of sailing experience already, as I sailed earlier this year from Panama to Cook Islands (via Galapagos, Marquesas, Tahiti & Bora Bora) as a part of a four-member crew, including the captain and myself. We sailed on a Jeanneu Sun Odyssey 45,2 and the trip took us about 3 months. I learned a lot about sailing and am able to do night watches on my own, use the radar, GPS, compass, and help out adjusting sails, steering or anchoring. Jack has worked at Byron Bay Dive Centre as a part of the dive team, and also acted as a deck hand on some of their boats. Neither of us get seasick easily and we enjoy everything about the ocean, both of us being surfers as well. We are working hard here in Australia in order to support ourselves for a long time without income, so it wouldn't be a problem for us to chip in on fuel and food costs. I think we'll be doing our farm work here until around February 2015 and could join the boat around that time.
If you would like to meet up or have a chat with us on Skype before having us on the boat, that could be arranged! Hope to have a lot replies and/or tips for our endeavors.

Kind regards,
Jasmine Farling & Jack Hayward

Tags
enc