Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 09:31   #1

Looking for Delivery/Passage Making Experience

Hello All

I'm a 36y/o female currently working as captain for a small non-profit sailing and science education organization in the Seattle area aboard a 61 ft sailing yawl. I've been working mostly education based vessles since I started my training 6 years ago and while I love children and appreciate the work, I'm interested in shifting gears and looking into some different avenues within the profession. I would LOVE to get some blue water time toward upgrading my license and starting up a family charter business in the near future. I'm interested in the time on the water as well as some idea of the business end of deliveries and term charters. I currently hold a 100 ton Inland Masters ticket/sail endorsement, stcw and cpr. I have expired wfr and emt, but the training is there I'm not looking to captain, just crew and gain experience. I'm a really hard worker, love to cook(and eat) and play guitar(and banjo and uke and penny whistle).

Our fall seaon ends Oct 31 and I can be available almost immediately after. I have some exerience with boat engines/electrical/plumbing but would love to learn more and get some hands on experience.

I can offer a resume and references if necessary

Thank you so much, cheers and fair winds Autumn
Old 17-10-2012, 09:10   #2

Re: Looking for Delivery/Passage Making Experience

Thank you so much for all the PM's The job I had taken has fallen through and I am once again on the lookout for a brilliant and educational way to spend the winter months

If anyone is in need of experienced crew anywhere in the world at a moments notice, let me know!

Cheers, Autumn
Old 01-11-2012, 04:11   #3

Seeking long term, committed adventurers/sailors for west bound circumnavigation embarking December, 2012, from Fort Lauderdale. Age, gender not critical; positive outlook, open-mindedness, curiosity about people and places a must!
Here's a bit about me and my mission. I'm a physician in semi-retirement, at the moment finishing up a few years also as a goat herder/cheese maker and taking a sabbatical from work in women's health. Circumstances and modest savings permit me to get back to one of my first loves (other than my mother) of sailing. I have just purchased an Atlantic 46 catamaran designed by Chris White and sitting in Florida. I did a lot of monohull sailing between 1995 and 2006 in the Atlantic (Bermuda), the Bahamas, the Caribbean, and off the coast of California. This would be my first trip through the Panama Canal and the South Pacific. My hope is to circumnavigate if all works well and crew turn out to be dedicated to the idea and compatible.
I am a pretty laid back, open-minded, non-religious adventure minded person. I look forward to seeing new places and taking things as they come. I am an amateur musician, love reading, am fairly wordy and enjoy discussing anything from politics to you name it, even play a little bridge.
Currently, regarding crew, I have a Canadian man definitely committed to at least six months and maybe more who has a woman friend who may join up along the way. There is also an Italian sailor who's very interested plus a couple of others interested in short stints. I would prefer longer commitments although I realize anything can happen along the way. Of course, I have family and friends who might meet up at different points as I hope you may.
As far as expense sharing, that remains to be seen although my intentions are to keep things as simple as possible. I would like at most four including myself aboard and that would keep food, fuel, visas, transit expenses to a minimum. I am guessing with four folks, $400-600/month/person would be in the ballpark Obviously, boat maintenance is my responsibility.
I hope this gives you a thumb nail sketch of things in the wind. Oh, I hope to launch sometime in early December and would love to have crew aboard before then to help prepare the boat for its journey. Crew will have to pay their ways to the boat.
I'm sure I've left lots of things out so please fire back with questions.
Tim
Old 02-11-2012, 13:53   #4

I have my boat in Salinas in Puerto Rico. The plan is to take her sailing in about a couple of weeks with my nephew to see if he likes the yachting world. If you like you could stay on board the boat and fix a couple of things up before we arrive and when we leave stay there, meet a few people and go from there.The idea being to visit a bunch of these islands and next year end up Grenada Margarita Curacao.

Do you need some money or will you pay your own way.

The boat is 35feet long and has a perkins engine 50hp

John