Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2012, 18:41   #1

Looking for Cruising and Crewing Opportunities

Hi there

Ive filled in my profile on here, so you can find out more about me there, but Ill repeat a little and add to it here ... Im Scottish, 42 yrs old, currently living in Portugal.

I got my RYA Yachtmaster Offshore in 2003, but have only sailed a few times since then! Id really like to do some proper sailing. West coast USA, Mexico, Central/South America, Hawaii, Caribbean, ocean crossings. Im open to other offers though.

I also have STCW (though 1st Aid has expired), radar, engine, diving, celestial navigation and powerboat certifications. Similarly, 9 years without practice, but none the less done and able to be refreshed!

I feel at home on a sail boat. Happy to cook and share in all tasks. A reasonable cook. Have skippered a few times, and have done some night sailing. Enjoy fishing. Enjoy most watersports.

Ive studied Massage in Hawaii, worked in Germany and Afghanistan with the British military, lived in Costa Rica, and learned to sail in South Africa - Ive travelled a lot, and im adaptable.

I want to be upfront, here rather than down the line. Im gay. Im normal ;o) Im happy to sail with any sex, colour, creed or religion. I have boundries and know other people do too.

I cant offer much in the way of contribution other than hard work and company. Depending on where you are, I may or may not be able to make my way to you. Other side of the world, pretty much no, USA/Canada, maybe, europe, yes.

Look forward to hearing from some of you.

Mark
Old 30-08-2012, 10:17   #2

Boat: Beneteau 36S7
Re: Looking for cruising and crewing opportunities

Hi Mark

If interested see my post on 8/14 NYC area to Key West. Call 8 four 5 8 nine 6 nine 3 two six.

Vic

Tags
crewing, cruising