Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 20:49   #1

looking for a start up

looking for a start up... Since I was a kid I’ve had a strong passion for all that concern sea, ocean and sailing so throughout sailing courses I built my way up to teaching sail, where I learnt how to be confident with: Dinghies, Catamarans and general sailing gear and equipment.
I’ve been teaching sailing for two years in Italy and that involved me taking care of the boats where I was running courses wit; I got to learn how to deal with boat maintenance and improved my skills with ropes, knots and all that related to running a sail boat.
After this experience, before leaving Italy to NewZealand, I attended a course towards a boating license where I had to go through basics of meteorology and study European harbour and coastal water’s rules and laws.
Once in NewZealand, pursuing the goal of building up a sailing career, I’ve been teaching for a short period windsurfing and sailing on dinghies and catamarans on a small lake a bit north of Auckland.
Because it wasn't giving me that upgrade I was looking for I got involved as a volunteer for a club called Sailability which provides sailing opportunities for disable people. there my task were mainly driving the chase boat, operate the crane that was used to place boats in the water, cleaning and taking care of boats and pontoon.
At the moment I am employed as a waiter but isn’t quite what my spirit is shape for.
Due to my ambition I am trying to get involved in as many useful experience as I can to get a solid skill base before i’ll put myself into the YacthMaster course to achieve that dreamt skipper license.
j.a.scarparo@gmail.com email me for cv or further infos